Saturday, June 25, 2011

CR84FN32 ~ Happy Birthday Mona!

Now that our CR84FN Challenges are running for two weeks, we get to Celebrate Mona and her Birthday for that much longer!  We LOVE You, Mona!  Go over to Mona's blog and leave her some Birthday Love and admire her GORGEOUS card!  Speaking of Gorgeous, take a peek at the cards designed by the other members of our CR84FN Design Team (listed in my sidebar) with this week's FAB colors courtesy of CreativeMint.com.
Here's my card:
 
 This card was inspired by one piece of paper from Little Yellow Bicycle's Twig Collection and you can see it here.
I fell in LOVE with this paper and wanted to make a card for Mona with it.  I cut a piece the exact size for my background leaving the glittery green edge as a scallop on the bottom.
I put aqua paper behind the Twig paper so I could stitch it ~ like Mona does!  I also used aqua for the leaves behind my collection of flowers.  I ran them through my crimper for added dimension.  The neutral color is PTI linen.  If you look closely at the PTI Sending You die cut (which I used as a background and to put my sentiment on), I impressed the PTI linen design not only on the butterfly but on the label as well, leaving about 1/2 inch without an impression so I could clearly stamp Happy Birthday.  LOVE this technique learned on PTI Make It Monday.  I used patterned cardstock, vellum, and PTI Lemon Tart to make the flowers with my Sizzix 3-D Flower die.
Last I put the scalloped border and some twine to finish it off!  I hope you like it but most of all
I hope Mona likes it!  It's on it's way in the mail to you right now!
Happy Birthday, Mona!
Posted by Picasa

37 comments:

Dana Gustafson said...

She's not going to like it, she'll LOVE it! So pretty Sue!

Mona Pendleton said...

Many thanks Sue for the Happy Birthday wishes! Your card is fabulous and Dana is so right, I don't like it~I LOVE it!! Love all the layers, dimension and stitching! Your rolled roses are perfect and love the layered butterfly!

Pauline said...

This is just gorgeous Sue!! I love that glittery scalloped paper, the rolled flowers and the beautiful butterfly, it's just so pretty! I LOVE it!!

Deborah Frings said...

Such a beautiful card - I can see why you like the paper. And I like the way you've kept the scalloped edge on your card. Full of so many gorgeous details, the flowers, butterfly and gems! It's fabulous!

Gisèle said...

Looks like Mona loves it !!! I do too !!!
That paper is amazing, I like the green scallopy print at the bottom; great use of twine...Beautiful card Sue...

Tracey said...

Oh WOW SUe!!!! This is jaw dropping GORGEOUS!!!

Lana said...

This is beautiful Sue! I love everything - the flowers, butterfly, leafs, borders! :)

Marge said...

What a GORGEOUS card, Sue! How could Mona not LOVE it???!!! Your flowers & layered butterflies are so sweet -- just pure perfection!!!
I had no idea Mona & I were only a month apart in age -- HA-HA!!!

Lisa Elton said...

Sue this is wonderful! Just love all of the layers and textures you have going on here!!!

Heather Rogers said...

What a beautiful card for Mona. She will love it! I think we had the same thing in mind with butterflies and the same die. Great minds think a like. :)
Hugs~

Suzanne C said...

Sue... I love that you took the scalloped edge and cut it for the bottom of your card! Beautiful design and beautiful card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful birthday card! Love the design, the papers are wonderful, as well as your added blossoms and lace/punched trim!

Ros said...

OMG this is so beautiful!!

Marie said...

Wow what a fantasic card. Layers upon layers of creativity!

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

Wow! Such details on this card. Great tip for leaving area to stamp when embossing. Love the crimped leaves. Great job!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Another truely precious card from you Sue. This screams elegance and I love the border and twine wrap. Those colours work so well together, I'm sure Mona will just love it.
Katie x

Shirley said...

A really beautiful card! I love your butterfly and the Sizzix die cuts too! As a matter of fact, I just ordered them, enabler you!

Beverly said...

Beautiful card, Sue!
I need you to show me how to wind the flowers cuz yours always look better than mine do!
XO
Beverly

Juls said...

this is gorgeous!!! Love your paper lace border and I just love your little flowers!! Hugs Juls

Stella said...

Sue this is a piece of heaven. I already read that Mona loved it. Me too :)
This card has a bright and elegant look. You must have spent quite some time, effort, attention and love this card and it shows off. This is pure beauty. WOW!
X

farmhouse-story said...

such a charming card for mona, sue! love your design and the sweet rolled roses:)

MTNestor said...

Sue I love the elegant look to the card!! I love the bright colors and all the different details that you have included. You are such a pro making those roses :-)

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card, Sue! Mona is sure to love this! Your rolled flowers are fab (especially love the vellum one)!

Andrea M said...

Hello Sue! This is GORGEOUS! That DP is so fabby! I LOVE those rolled roses - are they made from a die? WOW! You absolutely rocked the challenge colors friend! Love the embossing on the butterfly and the sentiment panel! Great work, as ALWAYS!

Ginny said...

What a beautiful card for Mona! I love how you used a portion of the large scallop paper. You are so creative! The linen background is fabulous! And love the technique-haven't tried it yet. And those flowers!!! LOVE them! And you did them from a sizzix die?? Gorgeous card.

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

That is a beauty, you made the prettiest rolled flower here!

Anonymous said...

So very pretty:)

Angelica Turner said...

This is gorgeous, so many beautiful details.

Chriss Blagrave said...

Gorgeous, gorgeous card! Such beautiful custom details. I can tell that a lot of heart went into this card :)

Loretta said...

Sue you just keep getting better and better. This is gorgeous. She will love it!

sparklygirl-Tina said...

Hi Sue

What a fabulous card I soooo love it! I bet Mona will too.

Tina
X

Cyndie said...

Wow, I LOVE that patterned paper, and everything else you have done on this card! The layout is perfect and the scalloped border is just delicious!

Shannon White said...

Wow Sue! This is Gorgeous!! What a Wonderful Birthday card, I am sure Mona will Love it. So many Pretty details! Love the Sweet rolled Roses and gorgeous dp's!

Hugs!
Shannon

farmhouse-story said...

full of beautiful elements, sue! esp. love how you impressed the label and bfly:) have a great weekend!

Annemieke said...

Gorgeous card!! Love it!
Have a great week, Annemieke

Janie Printz said...

Beautiful card Sue, love the wonderful colors & those gorgeous flowers & butterflies.
Hugs, Janie

Lisa Petrella said...

GORGEOUS!!! LOVE those papers!! And your rolled flowers----TOTALLY FABULOUS!!