Friday, May 13, 2011

CR84FN27 ~ Thank You Lauren!

I LOVE the colors this week! 
I AM a Bright Pink kind of girl!

I hope you are inspired by what the Design Team has created to spark YOUR creativity (names in sidebar), plus the FAB creation by our May Guest Designer, Lin Brandyberry!  The FAB photos are once again from my FAV photographer Adam from Embrace Life Photography!  He never ceases to amaze me!
 
Now Come Play With Us!
I fudged a little on the colors this week.  I used Bright pink, gray and silver, and the teeniest bit of cream in the pearl.  I used white as my neutral. 
I hope Mona doesn't fire me!

Here is my card:

This card is for my Dear Friend Lauren.  She is quite the crafter herself ~ a HUGE quilter ~ so she realized how much LOVE went into this card I made just for her!  It was so HARD to take the photo this week because I had a hard time getting all the silver bits to shine but I think this first pic worked out.

Here's more of a side view so you can see the dimension on my lily (handmade with love I might add!) and the shine of the silver die cut doily.  I also used a PTI die cut for the butterfly and the doily edge piece.
  I tucked the butterfly under the label and added a felt heart where the cutout heart would have been on the die.  (If you own this PTI set, you will KNOW what I mean!)  I added some silver floss to the label that came with the paper pack.  ($3.99 for a pack of paper at Tuesday Morning by Heidi Swapp!  All kinds of goodness in there to play with!)  I then zig zag stitched with bright pink thread.
Here's a close up of the flower I made with my McGill punches.  I distressed the petals with silver and added a cream pearl.  Thank you for looking!

I hope you like it!  Lauren LOVED it and I am so GLAD I made it for her!

RECIPE:
  • Paper - Heidi Swapp, Silver paper - stash
  • Ink - PTI Raspberry Fizz with clear embossing powder
  • Stamp - PTI Thank You Inside and Out
  • Brad and Pearl - Hobby Lobby
  • Punch - McGill Flower punch - lily
  • Dies - PTI Doily Die, PTI Edgers #2, PTI Love Lives Here 
  • Silver floss - SU


Posted by Picasa

22 comments:

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful TU card, love your paper choices and the touch of silver!

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love the scalloped trim and doily! That flower is gorgeous! Love the silver tipped edges! Silly girl ~ no firing going on here! Happy Mother's Day!

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - this is so gorgeous. I love the big pink lily, super papers and all the lovely silver accents. Lauren will love it!! I hope you have a fantastic Mother's Day too!

Pauline said...

This is absolutely gorgeous!! Love the beautiful pink flower, and the silver accents really pop! The pink stitching is fab too, I still have to get my machine out of its box (was a xmas present!) and it's fuschia pink too! Happy mother's day xx

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Beautiful card, love your choice of DP!

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous!--love the mix of silver elements and the lily, sue! happy moms day!

Diane Burns said...

The silver accents really set off the card. Love the doily! I think you pulled off the colors well. Can't wait to play it has been to long. Have a Happy Mother's Day!

Heather Rogers said...

I am sure you friend will love her card. The silver pops right off the card. Fabulous job!
Happy Mother's Day!
Hugs~

MackieMade Paper Creations said...

That flower is gorgeous! The card is fabulous!
You better not get fired!
Happy Mommy's Day!

Anonymous said...

Lovely card, Sue! Your lily is gorgeous! Hope you have a wonderful day!

Suzanne C said...

Beautiful card. Love the silver touches on your flower. Perfect papers!

Hedgehog Reader said...

What a lovely card -
and the silver and white work perfectly with the challenge color scheme -
beautiful! :o)

Andrea M said...

You are so rocking the McGill punches!!! Seriously!!! This card is STUNNING!!! Love the shimmery papers and the pink (I never thought of myself as a bright pink kinda gal before card making and raspberry fizz came into my life LOL!). GORGEOUS colors this week and you make 'em shine! WOW! Happy Mother's Day girl!!

Brenda said...

Wow Sue! That's a lot of intricate detail going on in that card! I am sure your friend is going to love it! I adore the bits of doily sticking out and the beautiful butterfly! That flower is quite a work of art!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Lucky Lauren! And check out that gorgeous flower WOW. I love how you used only a tiny bit of cream and the silvery/grey looks so effective. You deffinately got it to shine in those pics.
Katie x

Lin said...

Lovely card, Sue! Love the laciness and your touches of silver! I'm sure Lauren is thrilled!

Monika/Buzsy said...

Beautiful card Sue. Love how you used the colors and the dimenstions on the card. :o)

Silke Ledlow said...

DROP DEAD GORGEOUS CARD GF!!! Love the big lily...your friend is one lucky girl :) !!! Hugs ~S~

Marge said...

Silke said it first -- drop dead GORGEOUS, Sue!!! LOVE everything about this!!! BEAUTIFUL and full of details/layers!!!

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is beautiful! Love the wonderful detailing and the metallic accenting is fantastic! Lovely card!

Juls said...

so very gorgeous and stylish!!! Hugs Juls

Shirley said...

Gorgeous!! Love how you used sliver with this. It really is gorgeous!