Monday, April 4, 2011

DeNami Theme Challenge #6 - Boy Card!


CR84FN22 post can be found HERE!



FAB NEWS!
This is my first week as the April Guest Designer for DeNami Designs!  I am So Excited!
This week's theme is to create a boy card.  My "little boy" is 19 and this card is for him!


My son is all about the beach so I KNOW he will like this surfer chickie beach card!

I used this FAB iridescent aquamarine paper from DeNami for my background to represent the ocean and just created from there.  I used this DeNami Wavy Dots Stamp to create the sun's rays, the waves in the water, and the ripples from the surf in the sand.  (YES, I have a vivid imagination!)

I used this Surfer Chickie Stamp as my main focal point and mounted it on a piece of circle cork to add some dimension and texture.  Do you see that FAB citrone glitter on the chickie!?!  (I watched Nami at a convention and she is the Queen of glitter!  She showed me how this one little detail adds so much oomph to your card!)  I also used the citron glitter over orange ink to highlight the sun's rays.  I wanted that to pop and go along with this FAB sentiment, Sending You Sunshine, which I stamped and clear embossed on vellum.  I also used fine glitter on the bottom edge of the ripped paper to make it look like the edge of the waves glistening on the beach. 
I hope you like my first card for DeNami as their April Guest Designer!

Here is my "little boy" skim boarding at the beach!

Here is the sun that inspired the sun's ray on my card:

Go check out what the FAB DeNami Design Team has created for this week's theme challenge ~ 

Posted by Picasa

18 comments:

Laurel said...

Great card, and congrats on the DT!

Unknown said...

Such a fun card! I've always loved that sentiment, and it is perfect on this card. Love all of the glittery goodness you added too!

Michele Gross said...

Adorable!! I love this warm ocean scene you've created :) That little surfer chickie is one of my fav's and you've made him look soo cute! LOVE your waves!! So happy to have you getting inky with us this month! YAY!!! :D

Juls said...

funky card!!! Loving the touch of vellum! Hugs Juls

Hedgehog Reader said...

So adorable!
Love the many special touches - the repeated waves theme - the cork - the vellum - and I love all the DeNami chickies and this little guy you made especially cute and sparkly! :o)

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my Sue! What a cuuuute card! That little surfer dude reminds me of yours :)

Monique said...

Your so creative Sue... Love this card.. and your pictures are so nice...Love that sunset... Congratulations on your GDT spot :)

Marge said...

This is such a FUN card, Sue! LOVE that your vivid imagination saw the sand, the waves and the suns rays all in one stamp -- brilliant!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Cute and fun all in one!!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

I could sure use some of that sunshine you have! And I just love that sweet little chickie - too cute!

Andrea M said...

Hey Sue!!! This care makes me want to be on the beach soaking up some of those rays!!! What a fun card! Love the pics of your son and that FABULOUS sunset!
SOOO glad you are joining us this month my talented friend!!!

Ruby said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on your guest DT! You deserve it! This little card is SO cute, looking forward to summer days! How are you?! x

Anonymous said...

Fun card Sue! I love the touches of glitter ;) Perfect for a beachy sun-kissed theme - great job!
Hugs, Ruth S

Cassandra said...

Love the chicken, love the waves, love the colours and well done on being guest designer at de Nami, but then you are their best advocate.

Patrice said...

Fabulous cheery card!

Mona Pendleton said...

LOOOOOve your new bio photo :)

Pauline said...

This is a fab funky card for your boy! Love how you used the wavy stamp for different efects, and that beach is wonderful!

Congrats on your GDT post, so well deserved! xxx

Stella said...

Congrats on being a GD; so well deserved and it's lovely to see your take on this challenge!! That surfer chickie is too cute and it's fun to see your son on his surfboard.
Brilliant Sue; I love it!