Here are the colors for this week's CR84FN23 Color Challenge ~ one of my FAV color combos courtesy of Martha Stewart! Check out this week's design team inspirations (sidebar) ~ they are all incredibly GORGEOUS and be sure and visit our April Guest Designer, Silke Ledlow, to see her FAB creation!
Here's MY card! I hope you like it!
I made a wedding card for some friends who were married and then divorced 12 years ago. She lived in Canada with her two daughters and he spent a lot of time with his job flying from Houston to Canada so it worked. But then his company no longer needed him in Canada. Because of her daughters, she couldn't move with him to Houston so they divorced. Now 12 years later they reconnected via Facebook, the daughters are all grown up, and they're still in love! So they are re-marrying in two weeks!
I wanted to make them a memorable wedding card!
I call this card Naughty because all men LOVE black lacy things! On my card I used a transparency called Posh Lace by Teresa Collins. Isn't it the most GORGEOUS thing???? I stitched it to the pink with a black zig zag. Even my DH thought it was sexy!!!
I added this McGill flower I MADE for the Nice part of the card! Can you see I smooshed the flower into versamark and then clear embossing powder for that juicy look?! I added a cream colored doily, pink paper with pearls (from the inspiration graphic), black lace (like a garter belt!), black leaves, a silver Forever ribbon slide, and a tiny tag with the sentiment LOVE. When they saw this card, they were both delighted!
They have a great sense of humor! Plus they LOVED that I made it just for them!
I hope my card inspires you! Let me know what you think!
Then come play with us at CR84FN!
RECIPE:
- Paper - SU Pink Pirhouette, Teresa Collons Posh Lace, PTI Vintage Cream
- Ink - SU Basic Black, Versamark with clear embossing powder
- Stamps - PTI Tiny Tags
- Dies - PTI Doilies, Tiny Tags
- Punches - McGill Flower Punches
- Lace - Black - Archivers
- Ribbon Slide - AMM Expressions
- Pearls - Queen & Co







32 comments:
Beautiful wedding card - love the lace transparency. Congrats to your friends upcoming wedding!
Happy Birthday Sue! Beautiful card! Love the oh so sexy black lace acetate and that flower is gorgeous! You are rockin' those punches!!! Surely your friends loved this card!
Wooooweeee! Love your sassy wedding card. What a great story for your friends! AND, a little birdy said it's you birthday this week. I hope you have a very happy one!
Happy Birthday, girlfriend!!!!
LOVE the card--sexy and sweet! And what a nice story about your friends!
hugs
Beverly
Sassy is a great word for this gorgeous card, Sue!!! Happy Birthday too!
Sue! A BLACK garter belt? Naughty naughty lol! This is gorgeous, and what a wonderful love story (sigh)! I love the circular doily layered up with the lace and the little charm - it's fantastic! These colours are pure elegance, and so is your card. Have a great Sunday, xxx
And Happy Birthday!! You kept that a bit quiet! Have a good one, hope you get spoilt rotten! xxx
Gorgeous card! Love the rose and adorable little charm and the wonderful story too! I just love happy endings. 8-)
P.S. Hope yo Birthday is Extra Fabulous! 8-)
Happy Birthday to you ... what a fabulous story ... with a happy ending too ... love your card and I'm sure your friends will too ...
What a story and what a card!! Love it Sue, particularly the flower
Happy Birthday Sue!!! WOWZAS!!! Love the naughty and nice theme! The lace is so BEAUTIFUL!!!! Stunning wedding card! What a great story to go with the card! Girl, Mona is right, you are so rocking the punches!!!! STUNNING card my friend!
gorgeous, sue! the lace in awesome and your flower is precious! what a true love story for your friends:)
Your card is GORGEOUS Sue, what a wonderful story too! How did you make your flower, it's FAB!
What a fabulous card and a gorgeous flower! You have much more patience with the McGill punches than I do! Love the tiny tag and the bit of doily peeking out.
Happy Birthday to you, Sue! Hope your day is wonderful!
I am going to tell you Happy Birthday now, before I forget. :)
This is beautiful, Sue. I love the black lace over the pink and pretty flower and sweet tag.
Hugs~
Gorgeous!
This is just the coolest card!!! LOVE the black lace with the pink, AWESOME!
I always love the stories behind your cards they just make the cards come alive. Love the McGill flower. Didn't even know such a thing existed. The flower is really cute!
Sue, you do naughty & nice so WELL!!! I've not tried any of the transparencies, but now you've inspired me! GORGEOUS card!!!
Gorgeous card, Sue! Love the lace transparency and lovely flower! Perfect wedding card!
I hope you have a wonderful (early) birthday, too! Hugs!
Happy Birthday, Sue! WooHoo! Your card is fabulous with the lace and I see one of those fabby tags! The story is amazing! WoW! Awesome card! Have a great day and Blessings for a Wonderful Year!
Happy Birthday, Sue!! I hope you had a fabulous birthday. :D This card is absolutely wonderful. That's really a transparency?? Amazing. It looks so real!! And I'm so impressed by that nice pink flower that you *made*. It's really terrific! And what an incredibly touching story. I'm so glad to hear that your friends found love *again*. :)
LOVE it!! CONGRATS to your friends! and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY to you!!
Super GORGEOUS!!!
Oh my God! What a beautiful story!!! How incredible is that? Good for them, I hope it all works out for them this time around :)
I love the elegant feel it has and a great mix of the required colours.
Have a FABULOUS, HAPPY BIRTHDAY too!!! Hope it's a great one and hope you get very spoilt!
Hugs, Katie xx
This is oh so sexy and beautiful! Congrats to the happy again couple! You never stop amazing me with your beautiful work! Happy Birthday too!
This is definitely a very sexy and sassy wedding card!! Love the lace overlay, and the fabulous tag cluster as well! Lovely job! ♥♥♥
Hello dearie! First all happy - belated- brithday wishes!!!!!!!!
(I've been so busy and now trying to catch up; I'm sorry I'm too late.....)
I wish you health, happiness and everything else you've wished for. And may all your wishes come true :)
I love the whole story about this card. I am a bit sentimental and falling in love again after 12 years brought a few tears in my eyes...
On to your card; I love the naughty elegance :) of this handmade jewel. It turned out a precious gem; you did a fabulous job!
Enjoy your day!
Hugs,
Stella
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, SUE! I hope that you are having a wonderful week. Your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love the lace and the lovely flower. And thanks for sharing that oh so romantic story about your friends. I think it's great they found each other again. I know they loved your card.
Sexy card indeed!! Great story too!!
Happy (belated) Birthday!!
HOLY SMOKES Sue, this is GORGEOUS! I love this idea and it's one classy card! Hugs ~S~
Sue,
Thank you for the gorgeous card and for sharing our story. The photos of the card are stunning, but the card is even more stunning in person. The detail that you accomplished with the stitching and the “naughty but nice” theme is fantastic. We wish that all readers of this blog could see the card in person.
We are truly touched by your creativeness. The card will be placed on our wedding cake table in a nice stand for all to see. Afterwards, we will have it framed to always remind us of your thoughtfulness and charm.
Thanks again,
Michelle & Lawnie
Post a Comment