Saturday, April 2, 2011

CR84FN22 - Wish Big!

Here are this week's colors for our CR84FN Color Challenge!  Come play with us! 

 Check out what the other Design Team members listed in my sidebar have created to inspire you plus welcome our Guest Designer for the month of April, Silke Ledlow!  Thanks, Silke, for joining us ~ you will be such a FABULOUS addition to our team!!! 
Here is MY card ~ I hope you like it!  It is going to be the Birthday Card for my special friend Loretta who looks at all of my cards and gives me her valuable opinions.  I got her into card making, much to her husband's dismay, and we spend lots of time on the phone discussing different blogs and products we've seen!  LOL!  Her birthday isn't until May but she loved the card so much that I am going to save it and give it to her then!  So Loretta, Wish Big!

This card was designed around several key elements, some new and some old!  The first thing I did was cut out a Spellbinders scalloped square from my new PTI coaster.  I am truly IN LOVE with those coasters!!  I distressed the edges and then wove the leaf ribbon I HAD to HAVE but never really used through the loops.  Next up were my FAB buy ~ those Prima flowers I bought at the half price scrapbook store in Destin, FL.  It's hit or miss but these flowers were a big HIT!  I bought several packages!
Then the layering began!  The leaf paper was in my stash.  I backed it with SU Soft Suede (embossed with the SU Square Lattice folder) and stitched it onto PTI Ripe Avocado.  All of these layers were attached to a SU Kraft card.

Here is a close up of the seam binding and twine bow and those 3 tiny tags from my new PTI goodies, all cut out of the coasters.  The little text tag is paper from the packaging for that FAB seam binding from Prairie Bird Boutique and the Wish Big is a stamp from PTI's Tiny Tag set  All three tags were distressed and tied on the scallops with twine.
 Let me know what you think!
RECIPE
  • Paper - PTI Ripe Avocado, SU Kraft, Scenic Route Leaf Print
  • Ink - SU Close to Cocoa, SU Chocolate Chip, Ranger Distress Antique Linen, PTI Chamomile Tea Dye
  • Stamps - PTI Tiny Tags
  • Flowers - Prima
  • Dies - Spellbinders Scalloped Square
  • Impression Plate - SU Square Lattice
  • PTI Accessories - Button, Twine, Coaster, Leaf Ribbon
  • Seam Binding

28 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, your card is fabulous and I am sure Loretta will treasure this! Love those Prima flowers, all the teeny tags and the textured background!

Pauline said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue! Just gorgeous with those beautiful flowers and bitty tags, and the seam binding bow is just wonderful! Gorgeous!

Joanne Leddy said...

This card is fabulous! Love those flowers! Hmmmm ... I wonder if you had some bakers twine, white flowers, a hot glue gun ... I wonder if ....

Thanks for the inspiration, Sue - you're amazing!

Suzanne C said...

I think fabulous which makes me giggle as I see the same word in two of the previous comments. So I see I wasn't alone. Beautiful use of the flowers and the layering and details are wonderful!

Lynn said...

Oh my goodness Sue...so many wonderful elements..Love everything especially the stitching and those three little tags!

Marge said...

I think it's EXQUISITE -- from back to front! LOVE those big yummy flowers, your leaf ribbon, that seam binding bow and your sweet little tags all perfectly displayed on your new coasters -- sweet details for a very special card, Sue!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous card, Sue! LOVE those fab Prima flowers and love the sweet line of tiny tags!

Emily Keaton said...

Sue, this is just dripping with loveliness!! Wow, what an awesome card with so many lovely details. This is my favorite card of all the CR84FN lineup this week!! That coaster, those pretty primas, and that awesome leaf ribbon make this absolutely fabulous. Thanks for the great eye candy!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful BD card! Love the Prima blossoms paired up with the tags and seam binding!

Stella said...

My oh my Sue you really outdone yourself! WOW WOW WOW!!! Loretta is a lucky girl; this is a treasure. I enlarged the picture and there are so many gorgeous elements on this card. I am love with your flowers, bow and tiny tags. In fact; I love it all. FABULOUS JOB!! I love it!

Beverly said...

What a gorgeous card!!!! I only wish I had another birthday :D
The colors are wonderful! The flowers are so clever and I love the tiny tags (which I have ordered).
XO
Beverly

Nancy Jensen said...

Your card is wonderful! How did you make the centers of the flowers? So unique and a great touch to your already fabulous card!

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey sweet friend...thank you for your kind welcome :)!!! Sue, your card is amazing!!! I love the flowers...awesome designed card!!! Hugs ~S~

Diane Jaquay said...

This is totally STUNNING! I'm in love with those sweet little tiny tags!

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is so gorgeous and the flowers with the twine centers is so unexpected and looks amazing! Love the little tag...I may just need to get those. Beautiful elements and design!

Tenia Nelson said...

so so pretty and congrats on being the gd for DeNami Designs.....awesomeness!!!

Katie Berberich Handmade said...

Well I think Loretta is a very lucky friend indeed! This is another stunner of a card! I just love how you use so many embellishments and it works perfectly every time!
I may need to have a go at this challenge!
Have a great week Sue!
Katie x

~Tammy~ said...

This is just oooozing with goodness and your friend is a very lucky girl and REALLY Prima's at a half price store there is a half price scrapbook store??? OH and I LOVE DESTIN! But I LOVE this card my friend!

Deborah Frings said...

Wow!! This is stunning! I love all the gorgeous layers and those roses are just so pretty! She's going to love it!!

Juls said...

ooooooooooooh wow this is just LUSH!!!! Love the fabulous mix of textures, such a gorgeous and luxurious card! Hugs Juls

Heather Rogers said...

Nothing is better than having a crafty firend who shares your passion. I am sure she will love this.
I like ho you cut the coaster and the cute tags at the bottom. :)
Hugs~

Pammy said...

Wow, Sue, you always knock my socks off with your beautiful designs! I love your take on the colors and I love these beautiful flowers and leaves! So neat how you worked the leaves into your PP too! Just phenomenal once again!!!! TFS!

Andrea M said...

This is STUNNING Sue!!! Those flowers KNOCKED MY SOCKS clean off!! WOW! The centers are so unexpected but so utterly FABULOUS! WOW!!! I love you design too! Your friend is going to LOVE this card!!! Who wouldn't?!?!

farmhouse-story said...

sue, this is the sweetest card! love the flowers and i have the pti leaf ribbon, but i've never used it!--maybe its time, huh?

Deb Hickman said...

Absolutely gorgeous, Sue. I love the leaf ribbon and the flowers,just beautiful.xxx

Anonymous said...

Wowsers, your card is so gorgeous! I love the layering and those super-cute tiny tags just make me want to squeal! I can't wait to get my paws on those myself ;)
Looking forward to playing CR84FN later myself - this palette looks fab! Hugs, Ruth S

Ginny said...

I think this is fabulous! I love how you wove the leaf ribbon through the scallops in the coaster. I think I need to get some of those coasters! Love the flowers and the little tags. I love how you used your scallops to hang and tie your embellishments on. Just beautiful!

Linda said...

This is beautiful!