Monday, March 14, 2011

CR84FN19 ~ Happy Birthday Lisa!

This week's colors at CR84FN19 inspired me to create this pretty little jewel for our very own Lisa Somerville's Birthday!  I hope you like it, Lisa, and I hope you have a very special day that's All About YOU! 
If the color graphic isn't enough inspiration,  go check out the other cards from the CR84FN Design Team listed in the sidebar as well as the FAB card by our March Guest Designer - Deb Hickman!  You will definitely want to make something, too!!!
I pulled out a BossCut die I had never used before.  I used a shimmery steel blue paper for the Dove, mounted it on a brushed steel silver doily, and then used a shimmery aqua for the background.

I added some bling for the bird's eye and placed some additional gems in the scroll of the Dove.  I also brushed the top of the bird and scroll with silver cat's eye ink.
Can you see the FAB brads on my Birthday banner?  They are a gift from my FAB blog friend, Ruby 2 Shoes, and they are called Legless Brads made in the U.K.  What a treat it was to get these from her, especially since the color is so perfect for my card!!  LOL!
 
In this last picture, you can see that FAB text from my Hero Arts stamp.  This is one of my FAVS!
So I hope you like my card and are inspired to play with us!
RECIPE:
  • Ink - SU Not Quite Navy
  • Paper - Paper Studios Cool Metallic Sapphire and Metallic Seaglass, Silver - Stash
  • Stamp - Hero Arts Old Letter, PTI Birthday Basics
  • Die Cut - BossKut Dove Scroll 0397, PTI Banner Die, PTI Doily Edge
  • Legless Brads - Gift from Ruby 2 Shoes
Posted by Picasa

20 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

So pretty Sue! Love all the shimmer and added bling! That decorative border looks gorgeous too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Such a beautiful card Sue, love it!

Meredith MacRitchie said...

Beautiful Sue, I love all the shimmer :) That aqua is so beautiful!

Cassandra said...

The combination of blues and blue/greens are just wonderful Sue. I love the Hero Arts background script - may have to get that myself.

Deborah Frings said...

I love the background you've made with that fab text stamp, and the bird and doily are just lovely. This is fab!

Stella said...

Sue you just nailed these colors and your card is STUNNING!!!! Love that doily ( a fab die to use :) ) and the border and bird are giving this card such an elegant and lovely touch! Gorgeous card!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card Sue, the colours a fab and I love the layout too.

Deb Hickman said...

Beautiful, the dove die and your stamped background look gorgeous.xxxx

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous card. The shimmer on the cardstock is wonderful. Lovely doily sentiment along the bottom.

Andrea M said...

Such a beautiful card Sue!!! The shimmery background is super pretty!!! Fabulous take on the challenge colors!

Betty Wright said...

Sue, this is beautiful! I totally spy some PTI! You were quick that stuff sold out fast! Love the bird and scroll look, too! Lovely card!

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful Sue! Love the shimmery papers and added die cuts! Thanks for the BD Wishes!

Anonymous said...

Wonderful card, Sue! Love all the beautiful shimmer and fab use of all those great dies!

Heather Rogers said...

So sweet. I love the darling little bird. :)
Hugs~

Monika/Buzsy said...

So pretty! Fabulous dies you used! :o)

Beverly said...

This is such a pretty card. Love all the embellishments, the doily and, the border, the banner--GREAT stuff!

Ginny said...

This is just lovely. I love your color choices Andries doily. Your legless brads are a perfect march!

Lisa Petrella said...

What a GORGEOUS color combo!! I love your card---especially the doily edge, the banner, and those brads!!!

farmhouse-story said...

this is a lovely take on the challenge colors, sue:) i'm hoping to find time to play!

Marge said...

Sue, this is sooo GORGEOUS; LOVE your doily and dove scroll on that script BG!!! And the colors are fabulous!!!