Sunday, February 13, 2011

DeNami Blog Hop - Beautiful Buttons!

(For my CR84FN post. click here!)


If you are following the DeNami Blog Hop, you arrived here from Beverly Montez.

DeNami Designs is hosting another FABULOUS Blog Hop and this month we had to use buttons on our card.  There are PRIZES for three people.  DeNami is giving away Three $20 gift certificates to their website ~ one to a random participant and two $20 gift certificates to two people who comment along the way.  So leave me a comment and then hop to the next participant.  But most of all, enjoy the BEAUTIFUL creations along the way.  Thanks for stopping by!

This is the Valentine's Day card I made and mailed to my Mom.  I used the sending you love stamp with pale pink ink to make a background for my FAB scalloped hearts.  I stamped tiny hearts on the bottom border and stamped with love on the twill tape.  Below are the stamps I used:
I also want to give a shout out to my Circle K stamping buddies who helped me make 88 cards I will be delivering to a nursing home this Valentine's Day.  This will be my 3rd year making cards and taking treats to these particular residents.  They are really lonely and this little act of kindness makes them feel so special.  Beverly, who is one of the participants in this blog hop, is one of the special friends who helped!  I am so GRATEFUL to all of them (Karen, Millie, Sandy, Kirsteen, Gail. Becky, Loretta, Cathy, and Beverly)!
Now hop on over to and see what BEAUTIFUL card she has made to share with you!  The next person on the hop is Virginia Larsen!

Posted by Picasa

58 comments:

Lynn said...

Sue, Look at that gorgeous pictures of all those valentines! Warms my heart to think of all the residences receiving them. They are so blessed to have you! I love today's card too..those little tiny buttons are my favorite part about the card! I'm sure your mom will love it!

Paulina said...

OH MY GOODNESS (yes, I am yelling) this card is amazing, Sue! Love the way you stamped the Scallop Heart as a background, it looks fabulous! Then the addition of buttons is utter perfection. Your mom is going to love this card!

Laurel said...

How sweet! love how you have used the buttons!

LJabin said...

buttons and ribbon, you cannot get any better than this!

Tina said...

Sue, your card is wonderful. I love the scallop heart as a background, especially how you flipped every other one. Great use of buttons for the centers. Love the ribbon and border accent too! Love it!

Andrea M said...

AMAZING SUE!!! Love the use of the scalloped hearts and the beautiful seam binding! The sentiment stamped on the twill is so great!!! WOW!!! I absolutely ADORE this Sue! And goodness knows I love the bright pink (raspberry fizz, be still my heart!). Thanks so much for joining us on the hop!!!

Unknown said...

Your card is absolutely BEAUTIFUL, really STUNNING! TYFS! You work is very inspiring!

PS - Love that you made all those Valentine's for the nursing home. I'm sure the tenants will LOVE them! Great job!

Jenny said...

Your card is beautiful, I love the colors and buttons inside the hearts. Great job!!

Jennifer Lobdell said...

Wow! You were so precise in your completion of this card! I am impressed and the use of the tiny pink buttons was just right! This card is perfect, not too over-done but very cute! Also love the cards for the nursing home you and your friends made! How special!

Ayana Posadas said...

Wow, you have been busy! All of your cards look great! How sweet of you to make so many cards. Your button card came out so pretty too! It's perfect for Valentine's Day!

Michele Gross said...

EEEk! This is adorable!! I LOoOoOve what you've done with all these stamps!! You always knock my socks off :)

Ginny Larsen said...

so cute! that background is fabulous, and i love your ribbon and buttons on this one! those colors are great too... i pretty much love every bit of it!
and those cards you created look fabulous, i'm sure every recipient will love them.

Kim said...

Very cute card! Love all the hearts, perfect for Valentine's day.

~Tammy~ said...

Sue, this is so sweet what you have done! You are sure to put some smile on some faces who could really use one! Your card for the HOP is so fabulous and I bet your mother will be so excited to have such a sweet treasure! I love how you added the button to the center! Your work is always inspiring!

Tambo said...

I love the use of the stamp of reversing it and the buttons in the middle, but the button in the middle of the bow is perfect. So cute! thanks

Sheryl said...

Love those mini-buttons! Thanks for taking a pic of the stamps you used. So nice of you to take those cards to the nursing home. That's fantastic.

Cassandra said...

Wow all that love in one photo, truly impressive. But I particularly like your card for your mum. The scalloped heart is just gorgeous.

I have left you alittle something over on my blog.

Beverly said...

Beautiful card! I love all the stamps you used (I may need to borrow them). Gorgeous color too!

Heidi said...

How wonderful that you were able to do such a wonderful thing for the residents! Very impressive cards!! I loved your stamped heart background and the gorgeous combination of pinks.

Anonymous said...

Your Valentines for the nursing home are just as sweet as your card. Love the design!

Kimmy said...

That is such a sweet cause and your card is beautiful! Whoever receives it going to LOVE it!

Anonymous said...

A great card! Love the design and thanks for showing the stamps used. Hippity hop...~

Katie Ann Brooks said...

aww and love what you are doing for the residents. Great stuff!

Tenia Nelson said...

This card rocks Miss Lady!!!! Love everything about it!!! Hope all is well.....

Kristy Smith said...

WOW Sue this card is AMAZING! I seriously love love LOVE it! It's great that you created cards for a local nursing home, that is such an amazing cause! If I had known I'd have sent a few to you! There's always next year though! =)

Anonymous said...

Amazing card! Love the fluffy hearts alternating with buttons in the center. Love the heart punched border. Love everything about this card. It is perfectly put together.

Karen said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! This is the perfect Valentine's Day card...so elegant. Thank you for sharing.

Bunnyfreak said...

Your card is beautiful. Thanks for sharing your group's cards.
username at yahoo dot com

Karen McAlpine said...

Love your handstamped background!! How sweet to make cards for the nursing home. Kudos to you and your friends!!!

Pam said...

What an amazing, beautiful card! I am in love.

Veronica Z said...

I love the stamping and matching heart shaped border!

Lin said...

I love your card! Amazingly enough I just did something very similar using buttons! And it warms my heart to see that wonderful stack of beautiful Valentines. How very kind!

Marge said...

Your Mom's card is so very sweet & pretty in pink!!! ;-)
WOW, LOVE that photo of all your V-day cards -- I blew it up to admire them! Wish I could see them all in person -- they're AMAZING!!! Sure to bring many sweet smiles tomorrow -- ENJOY your time there!!!

Kimberly said...

So pretty. I love them all. You are super talented! Thanks for sharing!

Bonnie said...

BEAUTIFUL!! Love that heart border.

Rae Ann said...

Such a great combination of stamps! They all work so well together.

JanetintheJaw said...

This casrd is beautiful. Love the bow too. How do you make them?

Linda said...

I love this card! I'm going have to get that adorable scalloped heart! And all the cards you will be giving out is a wonderful blessing for the residents!

Melis said...

Oh my goodness ... this is a FABULOUS card! I love everything about it!!!

Amy Schumacher said...

Sue, to say I love this card is a MASSIVE understatement! I ADORE IT! It is PERFECT! You're so talented, and it's incredible how you share your gifts with others. You're such an inspiration!

Amber said...

So sweet to collect all those cards! Your card is beautiful. Love the bow and how you stamped your sentiment on the ribbon, fabulous!

Jenny said...

Love your cards ... so pretty!! :) :) :) :) have a great week and Happy Valentines day!!

Emily Keaton said...

Your button card is so sweet, Sue! LOVE those colors and that great twill tape. :)

Nicki S said...

This is an absolutely BEAUTIFUL card! I love the colors you used, and the 'with love' stamped on the twill tape!

Anonymous said...

Simply beautiful!

Lisa Petrella said...

ADORABLE!!! LOVE how you created the background using the sentiment in pale pink and then stamped over it with the scallop heart!!! Looks FABULOUS!!! I bet your mom will LOVE this! And how thoughtful and sweet of you and your group to make all of those Valentines for the nursing home!!!

Laurie said...

WOW! This is gorgeous! I that picture of all the Valentines too!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, this is so sweet, great used of all those buttons and stamps!

Amy Kolling said...

I love your design and those hearts! The mini buttons in the centers are a great touch!!! That bow is amazing!

TammyGtaz said...

Amazing!!! I love the scalloped heart and the hot pink!!

Jo Muscutt said...

Such a pretty card! This is one of my favorite cards...I'm a sucker for anything pink!

Simply Sandy said...

Such a cute card!

Annette Holleger said...

Lots of great ideas in this card. I have most of these stamps so I have another great idea to use them. Thanks for sharing your work with us.

Unknown said...

Absolutely Adorable! Your mum's card is a great execution of the button challenge. It is by far my favorite so far. Inspirational thinking outside the box...great job!

Ruby said...

Gorgeous card Sue! I just love the way you've stamped those hearts and that heart punched border looks lovely! It was fun seeing all of those Valentine's cards too, fab job!!

farmhouse-story said...

this is the cutest card, sue! love your stamping with the cute buttons:)

Stella said...

These Valentines are fabulous. I know the residences were in LOVE with them. Me too :). And hte same goes for YOUR card...FABULOUS!!!

Juls said...

wow!!! such a stunning collection of cards!! Love the button detail on your featured card! HUgs Juls