Saturday, February 5, 2011

CR84FN14 - I just LOVE Valentine's Day!

What could be better than a day that celebrates LOVE and chocolate???!!!  How about a week to create something YUMMY with chocolate brown and two shades of pink???!!!
In additon to the FAB creations by our CR84FN Design Team (listed on my sidebar) I would LOVE to welcome our Guest CR84FN Designer for February, Stella Schenkel!  Stella has been a faithful follower of CR84FN from the beginning and always creates the most BEAUTIFUL cards!  So go visit her, see what she has designed for this first week as our February CR84FN Guest Designer, and leave her some love!

Now on to MY card ~ this week I chose to use my Hero Arts Starburst Lace Stamp with PTI Razzberry Fizz ink and clear embossing powder as my main focus.  If you enlarge my card, you will see the linen impression which adds so much texture in person.  I used the PTI Take 3 die to make the three squares which I backed with PTI vintage cream paper stamped with my DeNami tiny heart background stamp in SU pink pirhouette.  The brown heart with LOVE is a spellbinders heart die which I outlined with a pink gel pen.
Here's a close up so you can see the canvas impression, the Love Seat badge, and that FAB felt butterfly
from PTI's Love Lives Here die collection.
 
I really enjoyed making this card because THESE are MY favorite colors to create with!  My entire craft room is designed around these colors!  So I hope you have a very Happy Valentine's Day and I hope my card brings you some JOY!
RECIPE
  • Ink - SU Pink Pirhouette, PTI Razzberry Fizz
  • Paper - SU Pink Shimmer Paper, Brown Bazzil, PTI Vintage Cream
  • Stamps - DeNami N134 Teeny Hearts Background, Hero Arts Starburst Lace
  • Embossing Powder - Clear
  • Impression Plate - PTI Linen
  • Felt - PTI Razzberry Fizz
  • Dies - PTI Take 3, PTI Love Lies Here Collection, Spellbinders Hearts
  • Ribbon - HL Venetian Lace by the yard, Brown tiny Pom Poms from JoAnns
  • Badge - Flair (Love Seat)
  • Crystal Stickers - LOVE in light pink
Posted by Picasa

29 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh so pretty Sue! The bright pink doily image looks amazing and I love the felt butterfly! Your card brings JOY to my heart~ LOVE this color combo ;)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Oh wow, so pretty!!! love the doily and fun embellishments!

Cassandra said...

Wondered where you had got to, completely immersed in your favourite colours obviously. You're right, these colours are delicious and look forward to using them later in the week. Love the badge, and chocolate lace.

Deborah Frings said...

Sue - you picked some lovely colours. And I think that starburst image is fabulous!! Such a sweet badge in the box, and I love the heart!! Brilliant!

Pauline said...

Beautiful card! These colours are literally scrumptious! Love the madallion and the chocolate trim on the bottom, so pretty.

Stella said...

Sue you knocked me off my socks with this jewel. My oh my girl you deserve another chocolate letter and I will send you one this year too :)!!! I am hopelessly in love with that stunning doily; wow!

And thank you for your lovely words about me and my blog...
Hugs,
Stella

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous! Love the starburst! Beautiful embellishments! Wonderful design.

Andrea M said...

GORGEOUS card Sue!!! Brilliant color selection - I really loved the colors!!! Love the layout for this card - the windows and embellies are fabulous!!! And be still my heart, that doily is DIVINE!!! Gorgeous work!

Angi Barrs said...

Adorable. Love the button and the butterfly. :)

Marge said...

I have to echo the sentiment "that doily is DIVINE"!!! Such a pretty card and of course it would be -- since you got to use your FAV color combo!!! ;-)

Juls said...

this is so lush and stylish! Love it!!! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

Lovely Valentine's card, Sue! Fabulous details, but that pink doily really is wonderful.. LOVE it!

Lisa Somerville said...

So pretty, fab valentine! Love the medallion and all the wonderful embellies you added.

Emily Keaton said...

This is SO sweet, Sue! I love that cute little button you used. How whimsical. :)

Diane Burns said...

I agree with Emily, love the button it fits so nicely in the cut out square, yet so inventive! I wouldn't have thought of using a pin/button like that. That is why I love your cards, you always come up and show me new ways to use things!

Heather Rogers said...

This is stunning Sue. Love the doily stamp and pretty lace trims. :)
Your whole craft room is pink and brown?

Buffy said...

Superb work, you've really brought the colour challenge to life.

Anonymous said...

Wow what a gorgeous card Sue!! I love these bright colors and I really love this layout! Adding that doily was pure brilliance! Great job!

Basement Stamper said...

Very cute card, love the three squares with different embellishments in each one.

Silke Ledlow said...

Hey Sue, thank you for a fabbo color combo this week! I love how you interperted the ic picture...your card is GORGEOUS! The pin, heart and butterfly are AWESOME!!! Hugs ~S~

Jaclyn Miller said...

Lovely card Sue, great way to showcase all of those fun and cute elements.

Meredith said...

Beautiful!! I love the chocolate pom poms and the bright pink butterfly! :)

Chari Moss said...

OMG! I love the button! I am a button fan! Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving such nice comments! This card is lovely!

farmhouse-story said...

i can tell these are your fav colors--your card is darling, sue! stella is so talented and sweet--love her cards:)

Terri said...

Great job! Love all the different elements and how you incorporated the colors. These are some of my favorite colors too!

Yesnir said...

Fabulous card, Sue! Love your take on the colors and I really love the doily! Great job!

Diane Jaquay said...

Love that doily, and the 3 pretty elements on your card, and the lacy trim, BEAUTIFUL!

Davi said...

Wow the embossing image is beautiful and the lovely edgings are wonderful1

Kathy H said...

Lovely!