I have SUPER news! Mona asked me to be a part of her Design Team for CR84FN and I jumped at the chance! I can't believe I was able to keep it a secret from my blog friends! This is such an HONOR for me because Mona is the first person who really helped with with all of my many questions when I was first starting out in the blog world. I hope you'll come and play with us at CR84FN! And if I can help you in any way, like Mona helped me, don't hesitate to send me an email!
Now Join us and PLAY along!
What a YUMMY color choice for this week's CR84FN9 Color Challenge! For my card, I was inspired by three things: Mona's colors, of course; the roses my 19 year old son surprised me with; and the thought of Valentine's Day and wanting to make a super special card for my DH. Here it is:
Yes, that's right! I MADE each of those roses with my Sizzix flower die. I thought about an embellie I bought years ago for a card for my Mom that was a heart with flowers around the edges. I also remembered I paid a fortune for it. But that was then and this is now! I punched out a white heart, used the PTI linen impression plate to give it texture, and then glued down that PTI leaf ribbon. Then I took scraps of different papers in the color theme and made roses and roses and roses! I discovered I needed to make the roses even smaller than the die so I cut the outer layer of the circle off. (If you own the die, you'll understand, or email me and I'll share the deets).
I glued the flowers around the heart. Doesn't it look FAB?! Another little trick is to push the roses into Versamark and then either clear or white emboss the tips. Can you see that detail? I also added a couple of pearls to this homemade embellie. I glued it onto the peach layered paper that was impressed with PTI's woodgrain impression plate. I added a snug hug bow and a heart and pearl stick pin. The metal Soul Mates sentiment is Perfect for my DH's card cause he is! A little stitching and voila, you have a card. I hope you like it!
Here is a close up of the roses my son gave me. Quite the inspiration!
Go check out the cards the other designers made. They are all so BEAUTIFUL!
Sue Lelli - Me!
- Paper - PTI White, PTI Lemon Tart, SU Pink Pirouette, Orange Mulberry, The Paper Company Golden Shimmer both sides
- Embossing Powder - Clear, white
- Ribbon - PTI leaf, Snug Hug Pink Bubblegum
- Punch - Paper Shapers Red Heart
- Impression Plates - PTI Linen, PTI WoodgrainStick Pin - Maya Roads Heart Trinkets with added pearl
- Metal Sentiment - Soul Mates - in my stash
Die - Sizzix Flower, 3-D









50 comments:
Beautiful Roses you created Sue! Love the heart shaped design. Such lovely flowers from your son too!
I am sure your dear hubby will love it. The little roses you made are so cute. The heart shaped pin, pretty stitching and seam binging are the icing on the cake. :)
Hugs~
Oh, sweet Sue, a big congrats to you! This is such an exciting opportunity- I am so happy for you! Can't wait to see what beautiful color combos are coming, along with your stunning cards!
Awe, Thank YOU so much Sue for all the support and encouragement that you have given me over the past year! I am so happy I could help you along the way :) Your card is so pretty! I love all the rosettes you made! You inspired me to purchase that die now I just have to break it out and put it to good use! LOL The stitching looks super! So sweet of your son to give you those beautiful flowers :)
Gorgeous paper roses....almost as good as the real ones! :-)
Sue - your card is just stunning!! Those roses are totally gorgous and the colours just fab. The pearls, stitching - all of it - wonderful. And you got flowers from your son!! I must work out how to pass that tip along to mine :)
WOW and Wow! Love your heart wreath! Gorgeous card!
Sue, this is AMAZING!!! I LOVE the little heart pin (I have those exact ones . . . somewhere?! LOL)! Adore your many sweet little details -- stitching, embossing, those gorgeous roses and that little metal sentiment -- sweet perfection!!! Congratulations on your new DT position!!!
Congrats to you! Beautiful card!
CONGRATULATIONS, Sue!! What an honor to be part of Mona's team. I know you will do a SUPER job for her challenge. This card rocks--you used those pretty colors superbly. And those roses? Perfection!
Congratulations on your DT role Sue! Your work is always so beautiful, you will be a great asset to the team. Well done you! And I love your roses in a heart shape on this piece :)
Sue, a huge congratulations! I am so happy for you! Gorgeous card...and I love that it was inspired by roses from your son.
How exciting Sue!!!!! I love the roses you made, this card is simply beautiful. I am sure your husband will love it. Congrats again!
Congrats on the DT post, I love tuning in each sunday to see what delicious colour inspiration Mona has for us! Now there's some wonderful DT inspiration too, it's a fab start to the year! Love your floral heart wreath, the colours really are superb together, and love the little sentiment tile.
This is so very lovely! Hearts and flowers, what could be better? Congratulations!
Gorgeous card !! Congratulations on becoming DT for CR84FN
Such a lovely rose wreath, Sue! Absolutely gorgeous! It really stands out against the woodgrain background!
This is gorgeous! LOVE the roses ... I have to try to make those too! (So many flower ideas and so little time.) Congratulations on the DT honor - can't wait to see all the wonderful posts from this fab team!
Congratulations Sue, you absolutely deserve it. By the way, an absolutely stunning first DT card.
Totally gorgeous! Congrats on your new DT post!
Hi, Sue!
Wow, your card is really lovely! Your choice of multi- colored roses is striking and the pearl bling really adds some additional pizazz. The background stitching is a nice touch too. I really like the sentiment you selected. It really is appropriate with the heart rose design. Gail
SUE!!!! I LOOOOVVVEEE this! Those roses are GORGEOUS! And the real life inspiration are just stunning!!! What a wonderful son you have :)
Adore the pearl placement too! This card has everything!!! And is that seam binding I see? :) What did you use to color it?
Gorgeous card GF!!!
I am SOOOOOOOO excited for you!!! Oh my gosh what a fantastic opportunity and killer way to kick off the new year!! SQUEAL!! I just became a follower there and put the badge on my blog :) Can't wait to see more of your gorgeous inspirations and play along too :D Huge Hugs!!
congrats....such a gorgeous card!! Love all those roses together! Hugs Juls
Sue
This is beautiful!
Congrats for being a new design team member!
They are lucky to have you!
Amazingly creative and beautiful card, Sue! What talent! Congratulations on joining Mona's DT! You are a perfect fit!
This is just beautiful, I just couldn't imagine making all those beautiful flowers, sure your DH will be in awe. Congrats on your net DT.
Sue, your card is absolutely stunning! I love the roses and the colors you chose to match the challenge are perfect! You need to frame this one and put it on your wall!
Happy New Year to you Sue.. and a BIG Congratulations you on the new DT spot ,,, They are so lucky to have you...Wowza look at this card I am speechless it is stunning!!! Love the heart of brilliant colored flowers :)..Great work!!
Sue! Tjia card is BEAUTIFUL! You know how much I LOVE paper Roses! These are wonderful!
Congratulations!
{GASP} Your card has left me speechless. Congrats on the DT spot - completely well deserved because your work is always so inspirational!
Sue, this card is your most spectacular ever! Wow, I love roses and this is so well done! It should be on the cover of a magazine! Great job and congrats on joining Mona's fab design team!
Congratulations Sue on becoming a DT Member at Mona's team.You deserved it and it's a lovely recognition of all your talent. I know this blog is filled with inspiration and looking at this card....myohmyohmy...it;s BEAUTIFUL! Your husband will be thrilled with this card and the roses of your son? Awww....what a sweetie!
Woohoo!!! BIG happy dance for you! Congratulations, you totally deserve to have been chosen, your cards are BEAUTIFUL, and this one is no exception! x
Happy New Year Sue! I wanted to invite you to join me for another St. Jude's Valentines Day card Drive on my blog! I hope you can!
http://winterwonderlandcrafter.blogspot.com/2011/01/cards-for-st-jude.html
What a Beautiful card and Congrats! :)
Those roses are beautiful - one of my favorite colours of rose! I just love all your little flowers, this card is gorgeous!
Its beautiful card Sue! Love the rose and the colors! Happy New Year! Love your cards that you made! its so lovely!
Phenomenal card, Sue! Such a beautiful design and perfect execution of the colors! The best I've seen! Congratulations on joining the CR84FN design team! You certainly deserve it!
Thanks for your nice comment!
And congrats on being a new member of the DT!
Your card is so lovely! So many beautiful flowers! Unfortunately I can´t figure out how to do them right - they always look kind of strange when I try one...!?!
Greetings from (a very cold *brrr*) Austria!
Ulina
Super, super, SUPER! That's my girl.
Wow, this is an amazing card, Sue! It is so heavenly; those roses are absolute perfect and I love the metal sentiment! I am totally blown away! Great job! And congratulations on joining Mona's CR84Fun challenge team!
Absolutely jaw dropping card! I can't believe you made all those gorgeous roses! What talent! This card should be framed and hung in a prominent space!!!!! Bravo!
Sue, I love your blog!!! It is filled with so many gorgeous creations! You are a very talented lady and I think it's great that Mona grabbed your on her color challenge team! Your sample for this week is head an shoulders above the rest! So phenomenal! I love it! Congratulations!
Sue, your card is so incredible! All those roses you made are so beautiful and perfect! This card is one of the very best I've seen! You really did a wonderful job!!! Congratulations on joining Mona's team!
Fabulous card, Sue! I am totally speechless! Wow!
Stunning! You need to put this in a shadow box and save it!
Congratulations on making the Design Team! I love your sweet roses, especially the embossed detail on them. Your husband will just love it, and you for going to all that effort for him.
Hugs
Carol x
Congratulations on being asked to be on the design team! How fun...you always do fantastic work! Your card is stunning with those flowers! And how sweet of your son to give you roses!
Another stunning beauty! And I don't think that I ever said CONGRATS! How exciting to see your creations, over at CR84FN, every week! Just lovin' it!
TERRIFIC!!! I love this card. It is so beautiful. This card totally makes me smile. You did a great job. Thanks for sharing.
Post a Comment