Monday, October 25, 2010

Papertrey October Blog Hop Challenge

Living in Houston, Texas, I have met so many people from other cultures who celebrate diverse winter holidays. So when I first saw the PTI stamp set, Peace Be Still, and the matching Dove die, I KNEW this was the card I would be creating this year. I decided to make a universal winter holiday card that speaks to what all of my friends really want, and that is world peace!

My first card shows how I decided to make a card with a lot of different textures that would also be flat for mailing. (Last year the post office destroyed several of my cards. In fact one was returned missing the 'mail to' address so I STILL don't know who didn't receive a card from me last year!) Anyway, I am going to use three different colored felt doves. I textured the kraft paper with PTI's canvas impression plate. (If you enlarge it, you can see it better). I embossed the snowflakes and the frame and the word Peace with white embossing powder. The green olive branch is embossed with ZING's leaf embossing powder.

I embossed the inside sentiment from PTI's Signature Christmas stamp set with white embossing powder. I will enclose a family pic that I plan to take this Thanksgiving when our son is home from college. Below is the card in the clear/fiber envelope I will be using. It's plastic so you have to use address labels on it. I LOVE how you can sort of see the card through it!

Here are the versions in Ocean Tides and Hawaiian Shores. I will probably add a little more white distressing before I send them out but this is going to be my design. I think this card is just PERFECT for ALL of my friends this year!!

I wish Peace to all of my blog fiends as well! Happy Blog Hopping!


Posted by Picasa

44 comments:

Barbara DeBose said...

I love the bright richness of the Doves! Very pretty cards!!

Keva said...

Oh, how pretty. Love the layout and images you used..that envelope is super cool Where'd you get those??

Susan said...

So sweet!! I love how the embossing makes it pop!

Karin Ã…kesdotter said...

How neat! Love the embossing!

Dana said...

Such beautiful cards! I love the true sentiment, and you are correct, peace is the most important part. Those fiber envelopes are stunning too!

LollyChops said...

Those envelopes are awesome! Where did you get them????

Marge said...

Love the Hawaiian Shores dove and your peace message is so appropriate for everyone, Sue! Love those envies too!!! Great design; fabulous creation!!!

Jen Carter said...

I love the card in the envelope! That is so cool! Very cute cards!

Traci Nachtrab said...

Very pretty!

Unknown said...

so cool! love the doves! I have that set and dies but haven't cut felt yet!

Laura Isham said...

I love the bright and bold colors you use on the dove! So fun!

Adele Fowler said...

love the colours you used!! so bright and fun :)

Linda said...

Lovely! The envelope is great and must be wonderful to receive.

Amy said...

Great card design! Love the bright colors with kraft! Love that envelope - where did you get them?

Terri said...

Nice job on all of them. Love all the bright colors.

Kay D said...

Beautiful! I love the colored doves, and I REALLY love to know where you get your envelopes!

Carol's Ink Spot said...

Very pretty card and simple too! Love your envy for sending them out in also.

Babies-Beth said...

wait, I'll be back to comment after I go order Framed and the bird die and the snowflakes, lol lol lol!!

Stella said...

Oh my; the moment I saw these beauties they took my breath away. Sue this is fabulous! I'm impressed and totally in love :)

Paula Laird said...

Shut up! I'm in Pearland! Love your cards! Those felt doves are beautiful!

Kelly S. said...

Beautiful, and that envelope really does add so much to the design! Gorgeous cards!

Mariah said...

So pretty...all of them! Simple and elegant. Love them!

Diane Jaquay said...

These are gorgeous Sue, excellent work!

Christi said...

I just love the variations of this card but my favorite is the first one. The pop of lime green is awesome.

Cammie said...

These are such lovely holiday cards!

Lea L. said...

This is such a fun card! I love the simple design, and the pop of pink!! Great job with the PTI Blog Hop challenge! ♥♥♥

Harriet Skelly said...

What a lovely card!!

Kara said...

great cards, beautiful sentiment!!

Helen F. said...

Very pretty little birdies. Love these cards Sue, inside and out!

Amy Kolling said...

This is a great universal holiday card.....I agree! What a cool envie too.....where did you find those?

Gayatri said...

Love love the envelope and the frame on your card with all the snowflakes is so pretty. The senitment is perfect. Great work, Sue!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful card Sue! love the color of the doves!

DF said...

Beautiful card!! Such a great pop of white and colour off the background. Good idea on considering the shipping too - I love all the layered puffy cards, but always have a problem figuring out how to send them properly.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

What a good idea, these cards are stunners. Great job with the PTI challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Lee Anne said...

This is wonderful. The dove cut out in bright colors sure makes it pop. Just beautiful.

Michele Gross said...

Such a wonderful card! Love the simple sentiment and that felt dove is fab!!

pattylt said...

These are so sweet. I love the felt cut dove and what a great design. Anyone would love to get that card! Great job!

Kristii said...

Absolutely beautiful!! I love the colors you chose for the doves!!!!

Laurie HIMCR said...

Great cards! Love the layout, the colors, and the felt birds. TFS!

Cindy Coutts Designs said...

These are absolutely lovely cards and I'm so glad I was able to see them. You are so right about everybody wanting peace and you really captured the essence of oneness rather than diversity, which I especially appreciate more.

Mona Pendleton said...

Beautiful collection of cards Sue! Love how the white embossing pops! Happy to see your beautiful artwork again :)

Linda said...

What a pretty card! I love the design, textures and how you switched up the color.

Heather Rogers said...

These are perfect for mailing. Love the flet bird and pretty white embossing. :)

jen said...

So pretty! The white embossing is such a lovely detail- and how fun to see that mail!!!