Thursday, October 28, 2010

CR84FN1 - Cupcake's Creations Color Challenge

Is there anyone in blogland who hasn't seen Mona Pendleton's BEAUTIFUL creations??? I think not! So when Mona decided to host her very own Cupcake's Color Challenge, I HAD to play along!

All of the paper I used is from PTI but the tree is made out of the new SU Christmas material. I just wanted to use it for the very first time on this tree. I wasn't sure how it would turn out and trust me, it took SEVERAL attempts to figure out how to cut it out but I did it! I also cut out a tree from PTI's linen cardstock and glued the fabric onto that. I also used my new PTI distressed dots paper and I LOVE that. I LOVE how the dots kinda match my lace pattern. I also ATTEMPTED to stitch around the edges and I used the woodgrain impression plate on the background behind my tree. Hope you like it!

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Jinny Newlin said...

Like it?! I LOVE it! Just beautiful! LOVE all those fantastic elements! Such great texture, too! I don't think that I've ever visited Mona's blog, either. So, I'll just have to run right over there and check it out Thanks!

Monique said...

Wow.. I love this card..The tree looks awesome and such pretty lace !!

Mona Pendleton said...

You are too funny Sue :) Gorgeous card! That tree is beautiful & I love that big red tulle bow! Thank you so much for playing along with the CR84FN1 challenge ;)

Jaclyn Miller said...

Absolutely beautiful Sue! I need to try out tha challenge too. ;)

Anonymous said...

This is just lovely, Sue! Love the beautiful tree, lace and festive tulle!

Lynn said...

Love your card Sue...really love the garland around the tree!

Marge said...

This is sooo cool!!! Hmmm, that "garland" looks just like the black trim I bought at HL! Have to look for red now, won't I?! I really LOVE this and think you did a fabulous job on the challenge!!!

Andrea M said...

WOW Sue! I love that tree! Wrapped in pretty red garland- how creative are you?!?! Awesome! The entire card is just stunning!!! Way to rock Mona's first challenge!!!

Joanne Leddy said...

WOW. Love the lace and the tulle ... and that tree is just gorgeous - obviously made with love. Thanks for sharing!

Loretta said...

Love how that tree pops out. Great card, Sue.

Tracy said...

This is beautiful Sue! There are so many great elements on this card. Love the tree, the lace, the stitching and that gorgeous tulle bow! Thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving such a nice comment. I appreciate it. Hugs!

Beverly said...

Great card.
Love all the texture!

Heather Rogers said...

This is lovely Sue. That pretty lace and sweet tree are perfect. :)

Janna Werner said...

Love this christmas card, the bow is gorgeous. Festive n funky ;)
Janna