Wednesday, October 13, 2010

2 Sketches 4 You #63 - Merry Christmas!

This week's sketch at 2SFY is so much fun to play with! I see another card in my future maybe!
I wanted to use the new stamp set I bought from Dawn at WPLUS9 Design Studio. It's called Woodgrain Silhouettes and there are just so many possibilities! I decided to turn the flower image into a pointsettia by cutting out and stacking three layers. I LOVE how the flower turned out! I outlined the edges of the petals with a Versamark pen and clear embossed it. The red woodgrain and the kraft with versamark woodgrain were also clear embossed. I stamped the smaller background images with versamark to add more dimension to the red cardstock. That FAB lace is from the sewing department at Hobby Lobby. Hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

17 comments:

Unknown said...

Absolutely Gorgeous! Love how you used Dawn's set to make a Christmas themed card. Great color combo... and love the lace.

Monique said...

Welcome back..Hope you had a wonderful Holiday!! This card is so pretty. I love the lace you have used!!

Heather Rogers said...

Very festive and love the bit of lace at the bottom. :)

Marge said...

Like it?! NO -- LOVE it & I'm so jealous as I looked for that FABBY lace at my HL & couldn't find it -- will have to go see again? Maybe I'll take a photo of your gorgeous card to show the lady & she can help me? Good idea! I totally love the woodgrain, your flower & that trim!!!

Andrea M said...

Wow! Who wouldn't love to get this in the mail at Christmas?!?! Absolutely wonderful card! I love the woodgrain!!! What a great accent along with the fab lace! Great work Sue - so glad to see you back. Hope you had fun at the beach!!!!

Rose said...

Love the lace, Sue! Just gorgeous! Thanks for playing along with us at 2S4Y! :)

Tenia Nelson said...

Gorgeous card my dear!!!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Totally gorgeous, love those lace!

Catherine Pooler said...

beautiful! Love the lace.

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Sue! Great minds think alike :) LOL I featured a Poinsettia on the same sketch!! Love the bright Holiday colors!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is lovely Sue, the lace you added is fabulous!

Sylvia said...

Wow, Sue, love this card! and the lace is wonderful ,too! Great take on the sketch!

farmhouse-story said...

sue, i'm with the others--i LOVE the lace on this pretty card!

Jaclyn Miller said...

I love everything about this card, especially that lace and how you tucked in that sentiment around the circle. great job!

Jo said...

Beautiful Sue! I'm loving the eye poppin colours! Fab!

Renée said...

This is so pretty! Love the colours and the trim :)

Unknown said...

wow this Sue - this is so beautifully made! Gorgeous interpretation too :)
Thanks for joining us this week at 2S4Y
Hugs
Kazan