(UPDATE: I was chosen as 1st runner up with this card!!!)This is my first time to play along with the Shabby Tea Room. Go check them out - it's their 6 month anniversary and they always have tons of beautiful cards and inspiration. This week's challenge is to make something ispired by nature and to use green!
I wanted to make a card for my Dear Friend Loretta. I won't even begin to say how wonderful and kind she is, but she also shares my love of card making so she'll understand what I'm trying to say. Anyway, I took this close up pic of the "window" so you could see it's popped up with dimensional squares.
Here is my card from the front. I was trying to make it seem as if you were looking at this tree outside your window. I also was able to use the bloomers trim I purchased at the Houston CKC (and I'm hoarding!!) So here's to you, Loretta! Thanks for being my Dear Friend!







27 comments:
What a dear friend you have and you soo are too creating such a beautiful card for her. This is so pretty and those shades of green are delightful.
She's going to love it!
Katie x
Sue, stunning...I love that window...how in the world did you cut that out? and those flowers...I'd be hoarding them too!
This is gorgeous!!!
This is gorgeous! I love the scene you've created here. That dimensional window is fabulous and I adore the tree "outside". The Bloomers look like a window box full of flowers. Just stunning! Thanks for sharing with us at TSTR.
Stunning card Sue! WOW - What a gorgeous view from the window :)
Love that window card with the tree peeking through and those green bloomers are just the perfect touch! Thanks for sharing with us in TSTR!
Thank you so much for visiting my blog and leaving a comment ... but I must say I LOVE your card ... It is fabulous .... love the window and the beautiful trim is my favourite colour ... heaps of talent here me thinks!
Sue, I am sure I left a comment recently about this lovely card, anyway it is not there so here it is now.
I love it because it is so different and because green is my favourite colour. I love the texture and even though it is beautifully simple it is also very elegant. The fabric flower wave is gorgeous.
Sue xx
By-the-way, thanks for your welcome comment on my blog.
xx
Further...I called it a 'flower wave' because to me they are rosebuds in a wave of greenery, but you probably guessed what I was getting at.
It is lovely.
Sue xx
WOW -- simply a S-T-U-N-N-E-R!!! And, Sue, GREEN is my FAV color, by the way -- LOL!!! Seriously, beyond GORGEOUS; I LOVE everything about it & that window view is perfection!
this is really pretty I love that ribbon too!
This is great! I know Loretta will treasure it! And your windows are so EVEN!!!!
Do I have the best friend or what?! All I can say is you should see it in person. It is so beautiful I can't stop looking at it. It is ever so slightly embossed, it's delicate but it's got so much charachter. Thank you, Sue. I feel so incredibly blessed.
This card is just gorgeous! The window is so clever and the card is just perfect for the tea room challenge...
This is wonderful, it does give me that feeling of looking out of the window on a lazy summer afternoon, very cool!
I LOVE this card!! It's just perfect! Your friend will be thrilled to receive this!
So pretty Sue. Hope you are having a great week so far. :)
Hugs,
Heather
How Wonderful Sue.. I wish it looked like that out my window..I am looking at a rain-snow mix !! Ekk it is way to early.. Any way your friend is very lucky to have somebody like u :)
Sue this is gorgeous! Those popped up windows and those flowers; ahhhhh I'm smitten!
Stunning and dreamy....
Beautiful card! So clever to put that tree (one of my favorite stamps ever!) behind a window. Love it! Thanks for playing along with us at TSTR! :)
she will love this charmer-love that window:)
Love the blooms and the window shaped card. :)
Sue, this is absolutely so clever and wo wonderful! Thanks for sharing this little lovely with us in the Tea Room :)
Congrats on winning, I am not surprised, this card is truly stunning. The green is so fresh I could eat it!
First of all, thank you so much for the sweet comment you left on my blog! Secondly, this card is beautiful! I LOVE your take on the challenge. I haven't done a Shabby Tea Room challenge in quite a while. Guess I'm not too "shabby". Hee! Hee! But I do love the inspiration! I even saved this one to my computer with the intent to play. I just got super busy! Hope you're having a great start to your week!
This is beautiful.. I LOVE your take on this challenge. It is perfect for the inspiration picture.. Great job..
Post a Comment