Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Mojo Monday #156 - You're Invited!

This is the first Mojo Monday Challenge I have been able to participate in for a long time and I decided to change it up a little bit. I am NOT ready for summer to be over. I am NOT ready for fall, or Thanksgiving, or Christmas yet! So I decided to use this sketch to make the invitation to the Caribbean Party we throw every year for the people who work for my husband. It's usually in October for everyone to celebrate the end of their budget process, and if you haven't figured it out yet, my husband and I LOVE the beach! We found this Jamaiican restaurant in Houston that caters and brings the food out to us in Katy. Everyone dresses island casual and my invitations have to get everyone in the mood! So here it is based LOOSELY on the sketch.....
Here's a close-up of a starfish and my new PTI Just the Ticket die cut and stamp set. The paper is some textured Sizzix paper I've had forever! I think it almost looks real!

Here's the front view of my card entitled "Endless Summer." I used a nestibilities rectangular die with blue ink on the edges to act as a background for the two starfish. If you enlarge the pic, you will be able to see that I also embossed the rectangle with my PTI linen impression plate for added texture.

This is a side view so you can see that I didn't glue the tickets flat to the card. I even raised the top ticket with a fat dimensional square. Hope you like it! I have to make 24 more now! Good thing the party isn't until October!!!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Lovely card, love that red tags and the DP, the sands look so real!

Mona Pendleton said...

How fun Sue! Those tickets look like they are stitched! I will have to pencil that date on my calendar :)

Lynn said...

WOW!! Love this invite...definitely gets you in the mood for the beach!!

Marge said...

Waaay cute invitation, Sue! Love those starfish!!! I'm gonna plan to hitch a ride along with Mona, so make sure we get an invitation and don't arrive too late -- LOL!!!

Loretta said...

Fabulous card. I love the texture of those starfish. When's the party????

Andrea M said...

How great is this card?!?!? I love those adorable little starfish and the combo with the tickets...brilliant!!! Lovely work girl!

Nancy Thomas said...

A great color combo and super beachy theme!

farmhouse-story said...

this card design rocks! it's the paper on the starfish-it does look real! great card, sue!