Monday, July 26, 2010

My First Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge 7!

I felt drawn to this sketch and wanted to play - even though I went with LOVE instead of goblins!

I am so in LOVE with my new Sizzix 3-D flower die that I just can't stop making these flowers! I took this close up pic so you could see all of the clear embossing. I clear embossed the heart on this PTI Pure Poppy paper and then I clear embossed the edges of the rose. I just pounced the flower in Versamark, dipped it into the clear embossing powder, and then used my heat gun. I think this gives such a cool dimension to this flower! Also look closely because I used the PTI canvas impression plate on the SU Sahara Sand paper and the linen impression plate on the red and white paper. I love this SU color because it's not quite as dark as Kraft.
The two shades of red ribbon are velvet and I just HAD to use a bit of lace! Hope you like it!
RECIPE:
Ink - Versamark, SU Real Red
Paper - PTI Pure Poppy, SU Sahara Sand, PTI White
Stamp Sets - Close To My Heart Heartfelt, PTI Heart Prints
Ribbon - Two colors of red velvet, lace
Impression Plate - PTI linen/canvas impression plate
Die - Sizzix 3-D Flower

Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Mona Pendleton said...

GORGEOUS card Sue! I LOVE that flower you created- stunning! The velvety ribbon & lace just screams pure elegance! Great take on this week's sketch! Thanks so much for playing along with the WMSC :) Hope you return next week for an all new sketch!

suezie said...

This card is simply beautiful. I love everything about it!

Loretta said...

Oh Sue this is beautiful.

Lynn said...

Sue, this card is absolutely stunning! Love it, love it, love it...blog surfing at the beach :) Thanks for the inspiration!

Cathy said...

Beautiful card. Very elegant. The color look awesome together.

Marge said...

STUNNING, classy & elegant -- LOVE everything about this! I sooo need that linen/canvas impression plate!!!

Diane Jaquay said...

This is SO romantic and elegant Sue!!! The heart and flower, with the velvet ribbon and lace, perfection!!!

Jenny said...

Very pretty card. Love it! :) glad to find your blog... :) :)

Ruth M said...

What a lovely, romantic card with gorgeous touches!

Pauline said...

I love this card, especially the shape of the heart, and the rich deep colours are divine! xx

Julia Aston said...

What a lovely card Sue! the flower is wonderful as well as the pretty lace and ribbons! thanks for playing with WMS this week hope you join us again!

Jen Cuthbertson said...

This is a very pretty card! I love the flower over the heart and the embossing of the petals is a brilliant technique! Congrats on a great job with your first WMS challenge!!

Sharli Schaitberger said...

Very, very pretty! I love the velvet ribbons with the lace - the lace is a little surprise! The flower is gorgeous and the card is just delightful! Nice work!

Jennifer Holmes said...

What a terrific card! Red and Kraft have long been a favorite of mine and I love how you used them here. The heart, flower, lace...love it all!