Friday, June 25, 2010

PTI June Blog Hop Color Challenge - Chartreuse, Raspberry Fizz, and Vintage Cream

This was such a DIFFICULT challenge because I LOVE so many PTI color combos but this is my TOP choice.
This is a close-up of my first attempt at these paper roses. I've seen them on many sites but never tried them until now. I added the pearl for a little pizzazz!

All things PTI ROCK! The paper is the BEST in the industry. I use the PTI woodgrain impression plate on almost every card I make! I also used the PTI canvas impression plate on the lower green paper. Hard to see in the pic but oh so FAB in person!!! The new label die cut and matching stamp are my go to's! I used an oldie but goodie PTI stamp set for the sentiment - Spiral Bouquet. The two ribbons are from my ribbon collection - Ha! Ha! The leaves are a Sizzix sizzlit die from SU. The pearls are from Queen & Company. Hope you like it!
Posted by Picasa

44 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Very pretty Sue. I do love these colors as well. :)

Alice Regan said...

How beautiful! I love the colors you used together!

Wendy said...

Really pretty colors and the paper roses are wesome :).

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Sue...love the flowers - awesome!

Unknown said...

Gorgeous roses!!!!

Lindsay said...

Love those rolled flowers! Great card!

Cammie said...

Such a beautiful card! Love those flowers and your color combo.

Andrea M said...

Oh my gosh Sue - This is fantastic! And may I say, great minds think alike ;) I used Rasp Fizz and Chartreuse too (along with dark chocolate and summer sunrise). I love Rasp fizz - such a cheery color! I love your card - those roses are fantastic!!! You add such lovely elements to your cards!!! Happy hopping!

Bonita Rose said...

fabulous.. ur flowers are perfect!

Unknown said...

Yay, yay, yay, yay! These are the cuti-est flowers ever. So delicate. GORgeous card, mama!

Maureen V said...

Beautiful color combo and beautiful roses!

Kara said...

OOOOO...love the flowers and the pearl centers!!
Kara

Vera Yates (Ling) said...

Wow, this is so pretty!

Heather P. said...

*Gasp!* This is totally GORGEOUS!

Cathy Weber said...

I love those roses! I have not seen them done that way before. You should do a tutorial!

Jen Carter said...

Those flowers are so pretty! Great job!

Nerina said...

Ooooooh!! LOVE your colour combination and LOOOOVE your gorgeous flowers and LOOOOOVE your great design! This card is fabulous!

Kelly S. said...

WOW those flowers are FANTASTIC! They fit perfectly into your layout...love the other girly touches like the lace and the pearls!

Stephanie said...

what great little flowers!! lovely card :)

Marge said...

Oh, LOVE this sooo MUCH!!!

Kay D said...

Stunning card, and those roses are to.die.for. Mind sharing the link to the tutorial? Thanks!

Teresa said...

Love this color combo. Your little flowers are awesome!Pretty card!

Mona Pendleton said...

Such a gorgeous card Sue! I love your paper roses with the pearl pizazz :) Such a nice touch!

Lorraine said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the roses!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

awww.... love those flowers, so pretty! Great color combination too!

Suzana said...

Wow! That's beautiful!
Beautiful colours and the flowers are gorgeous.
Your card looks so elegant.

Michelle (abzzymom) said...

Oh my! Your card is lovely! I can't believe this is your first attempt at making the roses. They are gorgeous! There are so many wonderful details to your card, but my eye keeps going back to those beautiful roses. Great card! Love it!

June K said...

Your flowers are beautiful. Very nice.

**June**

Karen C said...

Love the roses! What a beautiful card!

Janelle said...

Love your flowers!! And using the Bloom inside the fillable frame was genious! Great card!!

Natasha said...

So pretty! Love your homemade flowers and all the fancy trims on here!

Becky Carafa said...

Wow, this is stunning! Love those flowers!

Pam W. said...

LOVE those paper flowers! The little pearl center is the perfect touch. Great color combo.

Terri said...

Great color combo. I love those flowers too!

Erica said...

Beautiful flowers and card! I love those colors together!

Victoria said...

Very pretty. Love the paper flowers. Great job!

jen said...

What a pretty combo! And your card is so great! Love all the details! I've made some of the flowers too- so fun, but I always end up hand delivering! Worried they'll get smooshed in the mail! What do you think?

Kim Wilson said...

Thank you for the sweet comment!!!This is soooo cute, I have got to try those flowers! I am so glad you commented on my hop card, your cards are lovely! If you ever get some free time I have a weekly challenge blog for great prizes! offthewallcraftiness.blogspot.com

LollyChops said...

Stunning card!!!!! I love the contrast and brightness of those colors!

Beverly Montez said...

This card is awesome!
I love the roses. you will have to teach the stamp club!

LeAnne said...

Gorgeous, Sue! You did these flowers perfectly, and I am lovin' that little lace/pearl thing you've got goin' there....the colors are just your style! :D

Taheerah said...

One word - stunning!!

peggysue said...

Very sweet, what great flowers and such a nice composition overall.

Melisa Waldorf said...

Sue I just LOVE this one!! Wow! Those paper flowers and pearls are awesome!