Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Mojo Monday 136 - I'm a Square!

I'm a symetrical kind of girl so I chose to make a square card for my friend Karen's Birthday. (Check out Mojo Monday 136 to play in this week's challenge). The funny thing is, her birthday was December 12th and I have promised her a card for 5 months!! She is a SU demonstrator so I used a couple of retired SU colors and the bird punch I bought from her. I hope she likes it!
This is a close-up of the SU bird punch. I LOVE how the wing punches separately so you can use a contrasting wing color without having to cut it out with scissors. I placed the bird and the branch On SU kraft paper I embossed with my new PTI woodgrain metal impression plate. Well, it's not so new anymore because I have used it on almost everything I've made since it came in the mail!!!
Here's the finished card. It's pretty straight forward so I'll just list the supplies. I can't wait to give her this belated, but specially made for her, card! If you have any questions, email me!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Old Amethyst, PTI Ocean Tides
Paper - SU Old Amethyst, SU Kraft, SU Sage Green, PTI Ocean Tides, PTI Vintage Cream, PTI Dotty Biscotti
Stamp sets - PTI Vintage Labels, PTI Background Basics Text, PTI Birthday Basics
Ribbon - PTI Satin Ocean Tides, Hobby Lobby pearl and lace by the roll
Bling - Pearls
Punches - SU Bird and Branch, Martha Stewart Lattice Edge Punch, Small butterfly
Sticker - Gold letter V (antennas)
Die - Spellbinders Label 1


Posted by Picasa

13 comments:

Lynn said...

Very pretty card Sue...love the color combination!

Beverly said...

This is so pretty. I really NEED that punch!
It was great to see you today

Sasya said...

ohh, your card is wonderful!!!
&thank you for visiting me, i was happy to read your sweet comment!
hugs from Russia

Sasya

Paula Fuller said...

Ooh...love your lacy pearls and your minty green ribbon is to die for!!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh Sue! This is beautiful!! The lace with the pearls is so pretty. What better to add than a bird? :)

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Sue! This card is stunning! Love your color combo & that lace is beautiful!

farmhouse-story said...

love all your details on this card, sue! really pretty:)

Davi said...

Wow Sue! This is really pretty..I love the border, pearls, bird and that cool woodgrain!!

Denise Marzec said...

Wow, what a beautiful color combo and I love the lace accent. Love all the dimension too. Gorgeous card!

Andrea M said...

Sue - this is STUNNING!!! I adore the colors and the sweet little bird! How awesome :) Great work girlie!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Your card is very pretty..love the vintage feel and the bird is soo cute :)

Melisa Waldorf said...

Beautiful card!! I love that lace!

Diane Jaquay said...

What a LOVELY card! Thanks so much for stopping by my blog :)