I am so excited JUGS is asking for anything but a card for this week's challenge. I haven't made a scrapbook page in so long! I realize I have a LOT of catching up to do! The sketch for this project was a great guide and perfect for my flower page!I decided to scrapbook the picture that I use on my blogger photo. I chose it because it was such a FUN day with so many GREAT memories. My wonderful friend who is like a sister to me came to visit us in Houston shortly after we moved here. We decided to take a roadtrip to see the bluebonnets in Brenham, TX. I didn't know bluebonnets are the Texas State flower and if you pick them, you can go to jail! Well we drove and drove seeing bluebonnets on the side of the road but no place to safely stop. When we finally got to Brenham, all of the huge fields of bluebonnets were fenced off behind barbed wire! We weren't brave enough to crawl through the fences so we drove on and finally found this field of BEAUTIFUL yellow flowers. We got out to take a picture in the field where there was one clump of blue bonnets. We took pictures of each other until the fire ants attacked us! So much for flowers! (But we did get some greats pics and that's ALL that mattered!) We thought we would reward ourselves with a trip to the Blue Bell Ice Cream factory but of course it's the one day a week they are closed. So we ended up getting Blue Bell at a convenience store and stopping at the new outlet mall on the way home. All in all a GREAT Adventure!
Here's a close-up of the two of us together. My friend actually photoshopped this so we could have a pic of the two of us! The die cut is a special addition Quickutz made for Texas with a blue bonnet! How perfect is that???!!! It's a pretty straight forward page with chipboard letters, velvet flowers with brads, and Spellbinders blossom die cut flowers. The journaling spot is lined paper cut out with a smaller blossom and mounted on a yellow blossom. Hope you like it! My friend Carol has already asked me to make her a duplicate of this page for her book!!!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Brilliant Blue
Paper - Bazzill Yellow and Blue, Notebook paper
Ribbon - Royal Braid by the roll - Hobby Lobby (don't you LOVE it???!!!)
Chipboard Letters - Pressed Petals Chip Chatter
Sticker Letters - Stickabilities (Out Loud)
Velvet Flowers - Maya Road
Brads - Queen & Co.
Die Cut - Quickutz Bluebonnet







9 comments:
That is so cute...love those colors!
FABULOUS Sue - what a great page and a great story to go with it. FENCED OFF FIELDS? Ack - who knew - you would think that flowers are there to be enjoyed but they are a beautiful flower so maybe they have to be protected. Your friend is a Photoshop genius to pop you in there as well. It's great to see the "full pic" from whence came your blogger profile pic. Another awesome job with the JUGS challenge - WAy to go girly. Thanks for being an asesome contributor.
This is great! I love the colors!
WOW Sue! What a beautiful bright & cheerful scrapped page! Looks like you & your friend had a wonderful time & those Blue Bonnets are gorgeous! Love how you used them as your decorative trim! Thank you so much for joining Just Us Girls for the month of April & offering such inspiring samples :) Hope you are not a jailbird!YIKES LOL!!!
This is great Sue. Love the blue bonnets and your story that goes with it.
Love your layout, that yellow is awesome!
I love it! What a great story to scrap. I was giggling as you explained the trials and tribulations you experienced with your friend to find the elusive blue bonnets. WHat a day with a special friend, it's no wonder she wants a copy. :)
I love everything about this layout...the colors and the flowers you put together ... beautiful!!! The story is GREAT too!
What a great story! At first I thought this was in Prince Edward Island in CA. They have lupines there and we stopped and took a picture of our dog in the middle of the field of flowers! I scrapped that too! Love your layout! I never got mine done :-( but love all the ones I'm seeing!
Post a Comment