Friday, April 2, 2010

JUGS 27 - I am Definitely Celebrating!


April is my Birthday Month - yes, I believe in celebrating all month long! - and my very first gift this month is from the girls at JUGS. They asked me to be their Guest Designer for the month of April! I am over the moon excited! So the first project I was told to design for is a card using the above sketch.

Here's a close up of my new Dahlia stamp and the word celebrate! I wanted you to be able to see the faint outline of the dahlias I stamped over the text I used for the background. You can also see the embossed Swiss Dots I distressed with PTI's chamomile tea dye.

Here's my finished card! I actually sewed the three panels of text onto kraft paper after I distressed the edges with the same tea dye. I pop dotted the flower and added the big pearl brad to the center. The bow is made from ribbon I LOVE to work with because it has wire in it and is so easy to tie. And if you've seen any of my other cards, I used my FAV venetian lace ribbon I have been using on everything! The bottom scallop is from EK Success and if you look closely you can see how it embosses as well as cuts out the scallops. This is a square card because I wanted three complete scallops on the bottom of the card. I hope you like it!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Close to Cocoa, SU Pale Plum, PTI Chamomile Tea Dye
Paper - PTI Ripe Avocado, PTI Kraft, PTI Dark Chocolate, PTI Vintage Cream, SU Lavendar Moon
Ribbon - Basic Basic from Michaels, Venetian Lace Hobby Lobby by the yard
Stamp Sets - All PTI - Background Basics Text, Out of the Box, Distressed Stripes, Delightful Dahlia
Brad - Paper Studio Flower Brad Assorted Pink
Die Cut - PTI Delightful Dahlia
Embossing Folder - Cuttlebug Swiss Dots
Punch - EK Success Large scallop cut and emboss


Posted by Picasa

21 comments:

AKiteFlier said...

Sue this is just gorgeous. I love those faint dahlia images in the BG and your dahlia focal floral is dynomite!! We're thrilled to have you as our Featured Designer this month and look forward to your fresh take on our challenges. Thanks for an awesome start to your month - you really rocked it! Hugs to ya.

Mona Pendleton said...

Fabulous card Sue! Your stitching looks amazing & that big blossom is beautiful! What a fun polka dotted bow! Thanks so much for joining along with Just Us Girls as our April Featured Designer & for supporting our challenges right from the start! Can't wait to see all the creations you bring to the team this month! :)

Lynn said...

Gorgeous card Sue. I love it! Happy Birthday and congrats on being a guest designer!

Lisa Kind said...

Welcome to the JUGs team for your birthday month! How fun is that? This is my birthday month, as well, so we can celebrate together! ;-)

LOVE your card, and you used the sketch perfectly! That lace is fabulous as is the ribbon! Your color choice is perfect for the ribbon, and I love how you achieved your background dp! So pretty all around! Thanks so much for being our featured designer this month! I hope you have a blast!

Kathryn B said...

Congrats! on your gig at JUGS Sue! Such a beautiful card! Love that ribbon and your lace! Great job! ;0)

Beverly Montez said...

WOO HOO!
You go girl!
Congrats on your guest designer spot!
The card is beeeuuutiful!

Nancy L. said...

beautiful card!! love it!

Heather Rogers said...

Very pretty! love the colors, and the lovely lace. :)

I thought I was already following you. I just realized I wan't. :)

Unknown said...

Absolutely BEAUTIFUL Sue!!! Love your colors, and all of the elements you've pulled together on this!! Congrats on your Guest Designer spot!! I'll be visiting!! :)

Maria said...

This is fabulous!!! I love everything about it. So glad to have you with us this month and I'll start wishing you a happy birthday now!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous creation, Sue!! Congrats on being the featured designer.. and in your birthday month.. double bonus!!

Karen B. said...

Beautiful, I especially love the pearl center! Congrats as well!

Diane Burns said...

Congratulations Sue, I went to the JUGS website to check out the sketch and was pleasantly surprised to see you were the guest designer!!!!! Yeah! Of course I came straight to your blog next. Your card is lovely, it is so graceful.

farmhouse-story said...

gorgeous card, sue-and congrats on the guest dt spot!

Loretta said...

Oh this card is simply super. Love everything about it.

Andrea M said...

Sue this is FABULOUS!!!! Love the colors! Of course you ROCKED the sketch :) Heartfelt congratulations on being the JUGS guest DT member this month! I'm super excited for you and look forward to seeing your projects! Great job girlie :)

Robin Kirkpatrick said...

Congrats on your Guest Designer gig and Happy Birthday! Love your card! I almost used the same scalloped border punch on mine, but didn't because I am so entrenched in making A2 cards, that my feeble brain didn't even think to go with a square to get the 3 full scallops in! Duh... Anyway, love your bow, that lovely lace and your clever background panels!

Monia - Monika Jakubowska said...

Great card! I really like colours. The lace is beautiful!

Stacy Kay Brais said...

Such a pretty card! Happy Birthday month :)

Unknown said...

I just love your card it is adorable! The colors are perfect.Have a great night, please visit my blog too!
Jessica Lynn

Loretta said...

This is one of my fave's. I want it for my birthday!