Sunday, March 21, 2010

My First Lace Flower!

Moxie Fab World's Diggin' on Doilies and Lace Challenge asked that you make lace the focal point of your card and that's what I did with this lace flower I made.
I used my Spellbinders Blossom die to cut out 7 layers. I used one layer as the base and I twisted and folded and glued the rest and then I put the black lace brad in the middle. I kinda like it!

I also was able to use this BEAUTIFUL black lace ribbon from Prima. Archiver's is discontinuing their ribbon by the roll so I bought the rest of it! The tiny black and pink ribbon frames the sentiment which is from PTI's Delightful Dahlia stamp set. I used an embossing folder for the background and adhered some pearls to finish it off. Hope you like it!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Basic Black
Paper - Bazzil light pink, PTI White, White lace paper
Stamp Set - PTI Delightful Dahlia
Ribbon - Prima Elysee, pink and black ribbon - stash
Brad - Spare Parts Flower Brad Assorted Black
Bling - Crystal Sticker Pearls
Die Cut - Spellbinders Blossom
Embossing Folder - Quickutz Retro Diamonds


Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

Suzanne C said...

Stunning effect with your lacy flower and then the beautiful trim along the bottom! Gorgeous card.

farmhouse-story said...

oh, sue, this is so sweet! the embossing with pearls, color scheme, and that gorgeous flower!

Kelly Massman said...

Your card is pretty, too! Thanks for sharing!

Laurel said...

Oh very pretty!

Courtney Baker said...

Very cool! Love the flower!

Mona Pendleton said...

Oh my gosh Sue! This card is soooo elegant & beautiful! Your lace flower looks fabulous & I love all those pearls. You knocked the Moxie Fab challenge out of the park!

Monique said...

Elegant and Beautiful!!!

Heather Gates said...

love the look of the lace flower

Paper Crafts & Scrapbooking Editor said...

Hey Sue! Thanks so much for entering the Diggin' on Doilies and Lace challenge in the Moxie Fab World! :)

Pegg S said...

This is soo cool! Love all the design elements on your card - it comes together so beautifully!

Karen B. said...

Oooh, this is so pretty. Really like how the white lace contrasts against the black lace and I hope you find time to make some more of them!