JUGS 24 Challenge - Create a Flap Card! I just HAVE to play!I'm BACK! I survived Spring Break and I'm ready to create! This JUGS technique was something new for me and I had fun coloring with my copic markers. ME - the person who HATES to color! In the first pic you can see the outside of the card all folded up. I LOVE this sentiment from CTMH "Thoughts of You" and paired it with my new violet stamps from PTI. I was able to make the petals look they way they do by using my 0 copic pen and washing the color out. I think it makes the flower look realistic. The leaves are die cut with the Spellbinder's sunflower die set.
This second pic shows what the card looks like when you open the flap. I adhered another flower to go with the theme. In this pic it's easier to see that I embossed the flap with Cuttlebug Swiss Dots and the bottom of the card with the Cuttlebug Damask folder. The ribbon is sheer purple.
This third pic shows what the inside of the card looks like. I mounted SU Rich Razzleberry and PTI white, stamped the rest of the CTMH sentiment, and adhered three more violets I colored.
This pic is a little closer and it's easier to see the different violets. I just stamped a lot of violets on white paper with Versafine in Onyx Black and heat set it so it would dry and not smear. Then I just took out the copics I have and started experimenting. I just LOVE how fluid the markers are and how different and real each flower looks! I'll probably go color some more after I post this!









11 comments:
I see you are all fresh & your MOJO is in overdrive Sue :) This flap card is gorgeous - those big blossoms both inside & out look beautiful! Thanks so much for playing along with Just Us Girls technique challenge! Hope you come join us Saturday for an all new challenge :)
Well this is just delightful - I guess every good mojo needs a vacation once in a while and yours has come back ready to go. Love all the floral work - truly a stunning card. Thanks for playing along with Just Us Girls - we hope to see you back again on Saturday for a whole new challenge.
Gorgeous Sue! Really lovely :) Love the colors and the big blossom. Also, love the way you placed another blossom on the underside of the flap - great touch! Great job!
This is gorgeous, Sue ~ LOVE the inside and out!!
Oh wow!!! This is gorgeous Sue!! So much details to look at! Love love!
Oh My!! This is realllllly fabulous!! The rich colors and those flowers are stunning!!!
Such a beautiful card!!!
So pretty!
greetings, Inger
Such a beautiful card---inside and out!!! Love all of the embossing and those gorgeous violets!!! Congrats on your shout-out from JUGS!!!
Soooooooo pretty!
YOU! COLORING??? I AM SO IMPRESSED!
This is a gorgeous card, Sue. I love it.
your flowers are just gorgeous, sue! hope you had a wonderful time on break--missed seeing your cards!
Post a Comment