Wednesday, February 17, 2010

JUGS 20 - Take Two (and Three)

Okay, I couldn't stop playing with my new Hero Arts Stamp and the Split Negative Technique from the JUGS 20 Challenge.
(My first card is posted here.)

Here is the second card I made for the challenge using pink and brown (another FAV color combo of mine). This time I used Adirondack Paint Dabbers in pink sherbert - how yummy is that???!!! I used Brownie embossing powder from Zing for the brown side. (It's all about food!)
The stamps are both PTI - Damask Designs and Signature Greetings. The lace is something I just bought by the yard at Hobby Lobby. Isn't it FAB!
Here's my third card:
It's hard to tell but the violet paper from Archiver's Paper Studio is irridescent! I used the pink paint again but embossed it with clear while it was still wet. It turned out great! I paired it with silver embossing powder, silver ink, a silver sheer bow, and clear PTI gemstones to keep the bling motif going. I had so much fun playing around with a new technique (for me) and new products that I couldn't stop myself! Let me know if you like these cards!



Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Jenn G said...

omg- I absolutely LOVE the cards!! The rhinestones are so perfect, LOVE them. I used my new light tent tonight and left you a little note at the end of my post: http://itsjust2badthatgirlsabum.blogspot.com/2010/02/fight.html
Thanks for all your help Sue, you rock!!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, this is gorgeous! I like the silver embossing on the violet paper as well! Thanks again for playing along with Just Us Girls :)

farmhouse-story said...

oh, my, sue these are awesome-love the first cards colors, but both rock! that embossing and the bling are just perfect!

Lisa Kind said...

You really do love that new chandelier stamps, don't you? I love it too! You've done a fabulous job once again! Thanks for playing along!

Dana Gustafson said...

Sue! That silver embossing on the chandolier is amazing! Lovin it girl!

~kelly marie~ said...

Woah! This is crazy cool! Love it!

Loretta said...

This card is stunning. I love it! I love the embellishments. Your card pops and looks like it's dripping with Stavorski (sp?) crystals.