I found a new challenge at
Pals Paper Arts asking for anything but a card so here is my
card holder made from a template I downloaded from
Kelleigh Ratzlaff Designs. Templates are my new FAV thing to make because not only are they unique and special but they are so easy to make! I liked how I could buy the design and download it directly onto my designer paper to then cut out and score. I cut down a 12 x 12 piece of paper to an 8 1/2 x 11 so I could load it directly into my printer. I also figured out that if I printed it on the outside of my template, I could ink over the cutting and folding lines and the inside of my template would be perfect! I hope this makes sense! Email me if you have any ??????s
This is a pic of the inside of my card holder. I prefer using double sided paper so you have a pattern inside and out. I also prefer using the heavy DP because it holds the shape so well. This pic is without any cards inside, just an empty box.
This picture shows what it looks like with cards inside of it. Isn't it pretty???!!!
RECIPE:
Ink - Cat's Eye Chestnut (Distressing around all of the edges
Paper - BoBunny Anna Sophia Bold Floral Reversible Heavyweight Paper, PTI Lemon Tart
Flower - Prima Handmade Flower attached to big green brad from stash
Adhesive - Terrifically Tacky double-sided tape (I recommend this for templates!)
Punch - SU scallop edge punch
18 comments:
Your card holder came out awesome! I love the designer paper and the colors that you used.The yellow flower is perfect!
Mary
Fabulous job, Sue! I love the paper that you selected! The flower is the perfect accent! Thanks for joining us at PPA!
beautiful, sue-love your colors!
Beautiful card holder!
We all could use a few of these - great project! Thanks for playing @PPA!
awwwww, this is FABULOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This is gorgeous!
I LOVE the paper you used. It is perfect for this project!
Gorgeous!!
OOO Sue! What a gorgeous gift set! That big yellow blossom is fabulous & I love that template! You really rocked this challenge!
Thanks so much for your comment on my blag Sue! Hello you met Nichole, totally kewl! I am lovin your work!
This is just fab and would make a wonderful gift! Great paper choice!
WoWzA, love this Sue!! You are now "officially" the Template Queen! This project is fantastical!
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful!
wow!! This is so creative!!! Love the colour combo and the fab yellow flower, and the polka dots on the inside! Just amazing! Hugs Juls
Wow this is so so pretty!
Hi Sue,
In answer to your question, I do keep my pages in sleeves, you have to take them out to read them. I like hidden journaling as I like to show off my pages but don't always want people to read my memories that are special to me, if that makes sense!
Katie x
Sue, this is gobsmackingly gorgeous! Love your color combination - oh and your music choice on your playlist. Seal is one of my favorites!
thanks for visiting my blog, too
hugs
jaydee
This is a gorgeous card holder, Sue! I love the double-sided paper you used! Pretty colors! Thanks for sharing! Glad you found PPA! Join us again for our first Sketch Challenge of 2010 on Thursday, January 7th! Thanks for playing!
Post a Comment