Sunday, January 31, 2010

Clean & Simple Valentine's Card - FTL76

I just love this sketch at Clean & Simple Stamping and I used it to create one of the 70 cards I am making for Valentine's Day. I'll post the story below the card so as not to bore you with the details if you aren't interested!
This is my card and I LOVE how it turned out! I love the Hugs and Kisses stamp with the heart bling dotting the "i" and I love how it over-lapped one of the squares. All of the paper and ribbon is PTI except the X and O square which is left over from last year purchases at Archivers. That's all I had left and of course the name isn't on the back! Sorry! The stamp is from Stampendous and is called Love Messages. I hope you like my card!

Here's a picture of 35 out of 70 cards I am making for an old folks home. My next door neighbor told me last year how she takes oranges to this nursing home in the country and the residents are so grateful. I asked if we could do something for Valentines Day. It's one of those holidays where no one really makes a big deal like Thanksgiving or Christmas. So last year I made cards for all of the residents and she brought cookies. We had a little party with the nursing home providing punch. She brought her 10 year old daughter and my 22 year old niece was in town. I made a different card for each person and put their name inside. Let me tell you we all wanted to cry at how thankful these people were. They couldn't get over that we took the time to come see them and bring the cookies and they couldn't believe the cards were made by hand. So that was it! I am hooked! I can't wait to take them their cards this year!
Posted by Picasa

16 comments:

Diane Burns said...

How special Sue, I am sure that each valentine will put a smile on someone's face again this year. The cards all look beautiful!

Natasha said...

Wow! This is gorgeous! Beautiful valentines!

Heather P. said...

Oh, I love your take on the sketch... It's FAB! Thanks for playing along with the FTL. :)

And what a pretty picture of all those yummy Valentine cards!! :)

Mona Pendleton said...

Wow Sue! ALL of your Valentine's are amazing! So much love put into each & everyone of them! I am sure the recipients at the Care Center will be thrilled! :) TFS

Sasya said...

thank you for visiting my blog~! your card is perfect!!! :)

Juls said...

your card is gorgeous!! very stylish! Hugs Juls

Anonymous said...

These are wonderful. What a big heart you have.

Laurel said...

Love your CAS card and the rest are fabulous! How sweet of you!

farmhouse-story said...

you are such a doll, sue! you'll make valentines day special for those residents! LOVE your clean and simple card.

kisieltruskawkowy said...

I don't know what to say! 70 valentines cars and every so beautiful! You are really amazing!

Susan (peebsmama) said...

I really like how you paired the kraft and pinks together on your FTL card.

Look at all those Vday cards! Very nice. And for a very good cause. I donate cards to a nursing home too. Usually "hello" or "thinking of you".

MTNestor said...

WOW!! What an awesome job you did on these Valentines!

ateliersdeval said...

ho i love it, in this side too ;)

whoistracy said...

What an adorable card! I love what you're doing for Valentine's day, too. Very sweet- I'm sure they'll be so grateful!

Mel said...

What a truely nice person you! My Nanna is in an aged care home and I know something like that would put a smile on her face. Thank you for thinking of others! I love your work!

Janelle said...

That is so sweet! Love the card for the sketch, too -- and the way the sentiment overlaps the white square is great. I'm sure the residents will be thrilled with your cards again!