Monday, December 21, 2009

Papertrey Ink December Blog Hop Christmas Inspiration


I had to share this with you. My husband and I had a party for his CFO's and spouses to celebrate the end of budget. One of the wives complimented my invitation and told me about all of the crafty things she likes to do. Then last week out of the blue, I received a package in the mail with this BEAUTIFUL BEAUTIFUL pillow she made for me as a Thank You for the party. What is so thoughtful about this gift is that our house is all things beachy so not only did she use the perfect color but those are shells in the shape of a Christmas Tree!!! It is just so me!



Here's a close-up of the tree so you can see all of the detail. I have to say this is the most thoughtful, unexpected, and perfect gift I have ever received! I hope she likes this thank you card I designed in honor of her gift!


The pillow reminded me of the PTI stamp set, Tree Trimming Trio. I used PTI's Damask Design stamp set with Versamark for the background because it looked like the material she used for the pillow.



Following is a close-up of the sentiment I used. I am so glad this particular PTI stamp set, Signature Christmas, includes so many useful sayings!



RECIPE

Ink - PTI Enchanted Evening Versamark, Clear Embossing Powder

Paper - PTI Enchanted Evening, PTI Spring Rain, Silver Card Stock, Green Glitter Paper (Stash), Sparkle Adhesive 8x11 Clear

Stickles - Crystal

Stamp Sets - All PTI - Tree Trimming Trio, Damask Design, Signature Christmas


Posted by Picasa

27 comments:

Jo said...

What a beautiful card Sue and a perfect match to the pillow! Have a great Christmas! :)

Christine Meyer said...

Another beautiful card Sue! Thanks for entering it at PS.

Lynn said...

Sue,
The pillow and the card are both stunning! I'm sure she will love your thank you as much as you love the pillow!

Mona Pendleton said...

WOW Sue! Your card is beautiful and that pillow INDEED is a gorgeous piece of artwork!!! I love all those shell buttons! I bet they shimmer in person! Thank you so much for sharing this with all of us! Have a wonderful Holiday :)

Erin Morehouse said...

Love the pillow, and the card is stunning!!! Sounds like you may have just made a new friend!
Thanks for playing along at PS!

Tenia Nelson said...

Awesomeness!!! I love this card sooooooo much!!!!

Rosanne said...

Oh, I love the pillow and your card!

Tricia said...

What a beautiful job! Both the pillow and your card!

Marge said...

So stunningly gorgeous -- both the very thoughtful gift & your interpretation of it as a perfect thank you card! She'll equally love it, I'm positive!!!

Rebecca said...

beautifully done! congrats on your first blog hop!

Jamie said...

Very pretty card!

Moriah said...

My first hop too! Fabulous job!

Linda said...

You're one, lucky hostess to receive such a lovely thank you gift. And you did a beautiful job of turning it into papercraft. Super job!

Samantha Johnson said...

this is great, it looks like the pillow was inspired by the stamp and not the other way around.

pattylt said...

That pillow would lead me right to that stamp, too. How darling! Beautiful card.

Liz said...

That's amazing how well those go together! Great job!

farmhouse-story said...

your card is beautiful-love the colors!

Kelly S. said...

OH WOW...such beautiful projects all around! Your thank you card is PERFECT!

Lori said...

How sweet of her!! The pillow is beautiful along with your card!!

Kay D said...

Love it, love it, love it!
Your inspiration piece is beautiful, and your card is just gorgeous!

Mona Pendleton said...

Sue, this card is fabulous!

A Little Licht on the Subject... said...

Love the pillow and the card - great inspiration!

Unknown said...

Oh. MY. Completely stunning.

Lori said...

What a fabulous thank you for a special gift!

Nerina said...

What a beautiful gift! And I love the way you interpreted it!

farmhouse-story said...

thanks for your great comments and good luck in the give away!

peggysue said...

What a nice gesture to send you that gift and it makes a fabulous inspiration piece. Nice resulting card too.