I used the Mojo Monday #117 Challenge for the layout and the Moxie Fab World Challenge for my inspiration for this Christmas Card. This is my very first Clean and Simple Card which is nice for a change! I am also posting this card on Practical Scrappers which is asking for anything Christmas, I like that their challenges encourage you to use supplies you already have. This card certainly fulfills THAT requirement because I have had everything I used on this card for anywhere from Last year at Christmas to 6 years! Nothing is new. (My husband will be happy!)For the Moxie Fab Challenge you had to use any "Creature Great and Small." I used the perfect stamp with this cute mouse from PTI's 2008 Holiday Tag stamp set to make this card. I typed the poem, 'Twas the Night Before Christmas, on cardstock and mounted it on black scalloped paper. I typed key words in red italics to make them stand out. I had to have this stamp set when it came out last year but only used two stamps out of the entire set - until these challenges!
I wanted a silver mouse and that just drove me nuts! I couldn't get it to look right by coloring the stamp so I stamped the mouse in silver and cut it out. Don't look too close!!! The velvet ribbon bow was hard to tie cause it was so thick but I REALLY wanted velvet on this card. I hope you like my card! Let me know!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Real Red, Versamark Silver
Paper - All PTI - Black, White, and Red
Background text - typed on cardstock
Stamp Set - PTI - 2008 Holiday Tag Collection
Velvet Ribbon
Black Rhinestones
Punches - Marvey circle punches, plain and scalloped; SU Scalloped edge punch







17 comments:
Sue this is just darling.
Love the velvet ribbon. Such a nice touch to add the poem. :)
That mouse is sooo cute! :) I was wondering -- you say you used the SU scalloped edge punch...even for the round part? How did you do that on a curved edge?
cute-love the colors!
What a great card! I love this!
Awe! What a sweet card Sue! I love your little critter card :)
Wow! This is so elegant! The velvet ribbon adds the perfect elgance to the card!!
Cuteness, Sue. Total cuteness. :)
Teri
Paper Crafts Go-to-Gal
That is a lovely card, I love the colours together. Cute stamp! :)
I love how clean this is! Gorgeous card!!!
Wow, great job on the Mojo challenge this week, and thanks for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment! Happy Stampin'! Heather
Very cute mouse to go with your sentiment.
Thanks Sue for the comment on my blog and also for the advice of the Moxie Fab World challenge.
Cindy
This is beyond pretty!
such a cute card. and love the use of nontraditional colors.
This is so cute!! I love it! Your mouse and bow both look amazing to me!
Hey Sue! Thanks for entering the All Creatures Great & Small Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! Happy holidays! :)
Post a Comment