Saturday, October 3, 2009

It's a Party! Perfect for CPS #135!

This week's card positioning Sketch worked well with the invitation I was making for our party (details below). The background green and white mats were embossed with the new Quickutz embossing folder. (Did you know you needed to buy a different embossing mat to use these folders? I had to improvise since I found out the hard way when it wouldn't work). Anyway, I hope you like all of the details.

The background embossed mats reminded me of beach towels (did I tell you I have a vivid imagination???)
Here's a close-up of the drinks. Next I have the more basic invitations I made for our party. Time and money helped me make my decision to make a simpler card.




INVITATION DETAILS:

My husband and I are hosting our third annual Caribbean Party to celebrate the end of his division's budget process. This year I decided to use PTI's A Day at the Beach stamp set and let me tell you, I had FUN making this invitation! I wanted the beach drinks to be the focus so I left the craft cardstock plain. I cut out a rectangle with Spellbinders and stamped the drinks and sentiments on it and then I popped it with pop dots.




The drinks were a blast to stamp! Not only did I make the drink colors authentic, I clear embossed them to make them look wet! It really added a nice touch! The most fun part was my idea to use a white embossing pen to add "salt" to my Margarita! It looks so real! Enlarge the pic to see these details for yourself.







I made 25 cards in all. Don't these drinks look yummy???!!!



Posted by Picasa

6 comments:

Kera Simpson said...

Wow these are really beautiful! I love all the detail in the card :)

SmilynStef said...

Love those great cocktails ... they look good enough to drink.

KrissyLyn said...

What a great card!!! Those drinks look yummy enough to drink,lol!! All the details sure do make them look real!

Dana Gustafson said...

These are WAYYYY too cute Sue!

Steph Zerbe said...

Holy moly these are awesome!

Etha said...

Oh I love multiples :) these are amazing!!