It's another FAB layout from Card Positioning Systems!My card is for my friend who is recuperating after being in the hospital for three weeks! I've been trying to send her a card every couple of days to pick her spirits up. For this card I used my new SU Thoughts and Prayers stamp set. My VERY CLEVER SU demonstrator showed us how you could use the new SU holiday ornament punch to create a vase by cutting the tip off of it. How amazing is this! I used a dauber to add some color around the edges of the vase to add some depth. The vase is pop dotted and it looks so cool in person but I just couldn't get a good pic to show you. The lattice background patterned paper is actually adhesive vellum with the image on it. I bought this ages ago and never used it but I thought the color and the pattern were perfect for this card.
To get the two colors on the stamp, I used markers. (That's my BIGGEST complaint about rubber stamps because you can't just stamp the image twice with two different colors.) In the center of each flower there is a tiny drop of clear stickles. As always I used the text background on the Kiwi Kiss green paper because I am just in LOVE with that look. My friend is jealous because I can stamp row after row of texting with just the right spacing. (You will understand her envy if you've ever tried to do this!) That's all for now. Hope you like it! Thank goodness for these challenges to give me design inspiration!!
RECIPE:
Ink - SU Rich Razzleberry, Old Olive (marker on image)
Paper - SU Rich Razzleberry, SU Kiwi Kiss, White cardstock, Colorbok Self-Adhesive Lattice Vellum Beatrix Potter
Stamp Set - SU Thoughts and Prayers
Bling - Crystal Stickles
Punches - SU Holiday Ornament Punch, Corner rounder







4 comments:
thanks for your comment on my blog!your card for cps is beautiful! i love the colors! it's so kind of you that you send your friend alot of cards, that she knows that you're thinking of her!
your blog background is really gorgeous, all those flowers!!!
This is a lovely card! Great interpretation of the CPS sketch!
I just love what you did with the sketch and those colours... sooooo lovely!
(There's a translator on my blogg --> on the right ;))
Love you card - very pretty vase and flowers and adore the colors!!!!
Post a Comment