Tuesday, September 15, 2009

CPS 133 - Let It Snow!

This sketch inspired me to think about snow drifts with the wavy lines so I created this card. I hope you like it!
I am just LOVING all of the new EK Success edger punches and I used two on this card. The wavy punch was used to make three layers of blue and white "snowdrifts." I also used the sentiment from a CTMH Christmas set because it had the same wavy pattern to it. I popped the sentiment and rounded all of the corners. The vellum has little sparkles in it which reminded me of snowflakes. The background is embossed with snowflakes. The snowflake embellishment has little shiny pearls on it.

Recipe:
Paper - SU Not Quite Navy, PTI White, Paper Company Vellum - On-White Translucent Opal Raindrops
Ink - Versamark with white embossing powder
Snowflake - K & Company Die Cut Sticker - Christmas Cheer
Embossing - Cuttlebug Embossing Folder - Snowflakes
Stamps - CTMH Holiday Borders
Punches - EK Success - Dotted Wave Edger Punch, Large Scallop - Cut and Emboss, Corner rounder
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Courtney Baker said...

Oh I see you used the punch that I was wishing I had for my card! Great minds think alike!

Super cute card. I love all the embossing!

Anonymous said...

Wow! Lovely card.

Rose said...

Very pretty! Love all the textures and elements on your card :)

Marie said...

Wow...this is fantastic! I agree with you about all of the punches - they really made this one a top notch card (I've perused your blog and like your work :-) )

SannaS said...

WOW!!!!!! This is absolutely fabulous! Love it! =)
Hugs, SannaS

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Stunning punches! Way to rock the cps challenge.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Vanessa said...

What a great take of the sketch! Gorgeous! Thank you for your sweet comment!

Hugs,
Vanessa