Friday, July 17, 2009

KWerner Color Inspiration #56

Another fabulous color inspiration! The color combination made me think of my beach umbrella!
I had used this technique on another card and liked it so much, I modified it and used it again. I tore the blue paper and added stickles to look like the sparkling water rolling up on the shore. For the sand this time I used mulberry paper that I soaked with water on the bottom edge and pulled to get the jagged edges to make it look like sand. The paper also had a lot of texture to it.


I used my papertrey beach set that I had never used before to make the umbrella. I stamped the image on white paper and used the colors from the inspiration to color the umbrella (all SU markers). I ended up cutting out the umbrella pole because the stamped image just wasn't bold enough. I then clear embossed the umbrella to make it look shiny in person.


The sun is an old CTMH stamp that I enhanced with liquid glass. It is so awesome in person. This image doesn't do it justice. (I used saffron color in the sun as well as the orange).


I used these EK success label words that I have had in my stash FOREVER and a metal sunglasses brad. I KNEW I'd use them both some day!
I'm leaving again for the beach in exactly two weeks and this card has certainly put me in the mood!!!




10 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Such a lovely, sunny card - this has really cheered me up as the only weather we are having in England right now is RAIN, RAIN, RAIN! Have a great weekend, Jo x

Michèle said...

Beautiful card!

Unknown said...

Love all the detail! Such a fun card.

Terri Trotter Earley said...

I adore your stickles on the blue paper. So much fun! Great job with the color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Anonymous said...

Sue, what a great card! Love how you played with the paper textures, so creative!

Sheila said...

I like the glitter details. Makes me want to go to the beach.

Anonymous said...

Great card!! I love the umbrella and the way you added the stickles to make it look like water. Awesome job on the color challenge!!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful! I love the textures combined with the rich colors.

Elise said...

Sue! This card is dynamite! I loved reading about your process and I'm such a fan of USING THE OLD STASH! Double bonus points for you! Great job with these colors and materials! What a fun card! Wahoo!

Anonymous said...

What a great card. Love your sand and sky.