Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Color Challenge #13 Last Post Before I Leave for CHA

Here's my card! These are truly NOT colors I would have EVER picked but I gave it a try. After I made it, I clicked on Dawn's site to upload her challenge picture. I saw she used leaves in her background today. I PROMISE I made my card BEFORE I saw hers! Or maybe it means I can grow up and be like Dawn some day!!!! I'd rather think that was the case! Anyway, the background leaves are just stamped in Versamark but the leaves on the strip of paper also have clear embossing powder to highlight them and make them shiny as well.
Here's a close up of the flower I stamped in berry and outlined in red. Then I clear heat embossed the flower to make it shiny. It's hard to tell but I popped it up and it added a nice dimension to the card.

I love the look of the twine tied through the button and I DID scraplift that idea from Dawn. I'm also loving the background text and am going to ask Nicholle at CHA to make some for Valentine's Day and Christmas. We'll see what she says.
Okay, this is my last post for 3 more weeks! Sigh! I'm going back to Florida tomorrow to go to CHA, visit my parents, move my son out of his dorm from summer school, and two weeks later move him into his dorm for fall. I DO plan on spending some quality time at the beach with my friends from Florida, my son, and my husband in between all the running around.
I'm going to miss these challenges! See you all as soon as I can!
Recipe:
Stamps - PTI Beautiful Blooms, PTI Background Basic Text
Ink - SU Positively Pink and Real Red Versamark
Paper - all PTI - Spring Moss, Pure Poppy, Berry Sorbet, White
Button - Joanns
Twine - PTI
Nestabilities Rectangle
Clear Embossing Powder
Posted by Picasa

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

I believe you! :-D Love the leaves..and that background script is so pretty! I just used that same script, too! I see more of it in my future. :-)

HAVE TONS OF FUN!!!

Harriet Skelly said...

How funny about the leaves - I did mine before Dawn posted her card too - so I do believe you! Your card is gorgeous!

Maureen said...

So beautiful! Love the buttons on the flowers:) Have fun at CHA!

{PurpleD} said...

Lucky girl! Enjoy the conference!

Love your card!

Laurel said...

Love this!

Takisha said...

Nice card, I love the script and flowers!
Kisha

Maria L. said...

Hi Sue- wonderful card (and I totally believe you - LOL). I like you embellished your flower. All the details came together wonderfully. Have a wonderful time at CHA (lucky you!) and all of the other things you have planned for the next few weeks.

Anonymous said...

beautiful card. Love the colors and the flowers. And the script back ground is wonderful!

Elise said...

WOW! Sue, this is wonderful! The card is gorgeous and I BELIEVE you {about the leaves! Lol!}.... HAVE A FANTASTIC VACATION! You'll be missed in blog land! ENJOY!

Terri Trotter Earley said...

Fun button accent. Way to rock this color combo.

It's a good life!
Terri E.

Gwen said...

Gorgeous card!!!

whoistracy said...

Sue this is just beautiful! I love the floral and text combo.

Mona Pendleton said...

Very pretty card! I hope you had fun at CHA! :) TFS

Jen said...

super cute card! love the leaves...they're great! thanks for stopping by my spot...'preciate it!:)