This week's colors were very difficult for me but I gave it my best! I snuck the yellow in with seed beads in the flower centers and in the center of the red flower on the black velvet ribbon. It's also hard to see but I used my Scor-pal to score three vertical lines from top to bottom on either side of the red paper to add dimension and make the black card look not quite so plain.
This is a close up pic of the flowers that I outlined with a Sakura embossing pen. It looks shiny in person.

I have used this stamp a lot with other color combinations. It's a rubber stamp so I use markers for the flowers and the branch and then outline it all after I have a good impression to follow. Rubber stamps are not my favorite stamps to work with but I just loved this design!
Recipe:
Stamp - Delta Cherry Blossom
Pens - Black Zig Marker, Blue Sakura Embossing pen
Ink Pads - Stampin' Up blue and black
Paper - All Papertrey Ink
Seed Beads - Hobby Lobby glass beads
Scor-Pal




7 comments:
Love your stamp choice! Very bold!
Rose
I love this! I just loved this color scheme any way and the way you put this together is great. Those blue flowers are so neat.
What a beautiful, classy design! I love the formal feel of this card with all the details. Great job on the color challenge!
I love this japanese style, Great card!
Lovely-- I like the feminine feel with the masculine colors. Nice job!
Sue, this card is so beautiful!! Definitvly no need to bring in more white - it's perfect just the way you made it! Love how you colored the flowers :)
Love that stamp and your coloring. Nice card
Post a Comment