Tuesday, May 19, 2009

KWerner Color Challenge #52 - Enjoy the Moment!


This is my first KWerner Color Challenge! The colors made me think of the beach where I will be for 2 entire months this summer! So I made this card......





I tried to re-create the feeling of the sunset when it's first beginning, when the waves are gently rolling toward the shore. I ripped the layers to make it look like waves. I used clear stickles on the edges to create the glistening water. For the bottom layer I used white vellum to create the look of the transparent water on the sand. I cut into the top layer of the sky with scissors to make it look like the sun's rays peeking through. I hope you like it! Better yet, I hope it makes you look forward to summer!!!

Recipe:
PAPER - SU Baja Blue, Sahara Sand, and Whisper White; other papers from Michaels
Stamp Set - PTI Mixed Messages
Stickles
Marvy Circle Punch
Adhesive - Tombow Diamond Dots (I should own stock in this company!!!)





Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Randee E said...

Perfect colors for a sandy beach scene! I would have never thought of that! Great job on the challenge!

Anonymous said...

very cool concept Sue, I love the creativity of your card!

Leonie said...

Ohhh, I love cards like these, just gorgeous!

Ink, paper and BLING! said...

I love your waves, realy feel the motion and the shorebreak is brilliant!
Great job!
R

Stamping Cafe said...

Simply wonderful, great sunset!!

Thank you for the wonderful comment on my blog!!

Anonymous said...

Oooh, we had the same water theme in mind with this inspiration. This is beautiful! I love what you did with the stickles. Great job!!

Dreena said...

What a wonderfully original idea! I like it!

Very neat, i might have to case for a summer scrapbook page! Wouldn't that be adorable?!

And thank you for the sweet comment on my blog!