I never thought I would be putting a picture of garbage on my blog but this isn't just any kind of garbage! It is the recycling I have worked long and hard on to bring to my neighborhood.
When we first moved to Texas from Florida, I was apalled when I found out our neighborhood didn't recycle. I had grown up my entire life recycling and just couldn't throw the bottles and cans and papers away. So I took action. I contacted the Homeowners Board and found out we were already under contract and it didn't include recycling. I made an appointment at our recycling plant and even took a tour to find out what needed to be done. I ended up running for a position on the Homeowners Board (which I won), and just never gave up! And ever week I would drive my recycling and sometimes my neighbors recycling to a grocery store that had huge bins outside for recycling. Two years later to the month, our recycling bins were just delivered. I stood in the front yard and took pictures of my BEAUTIFUL accomplishment! Yes, I know, it's a little much but for me it is so exciting! Thanks for reading about my trash! Now I'll go create a card or something!




4 comments:
You did it gal!
This is so terrific of you to get Recycling started in your neighborhood. When I lived in MA, we had to PAY to recycle, now in FL it's part of our trash/recycle pick up and it's great. Of course we still pay, but it's in our year taxes budget, so I don't see it each week as an expense ;o)
Good for you!! Great story and reminder that every single person can make a difference!
Congratulations on your hard work and accomplishment! You have inspired me to get going on my recycling efforts... my 7 year old daughter wanted to start her own recycling business collecting in our neighborhood a year ago and all I've done to help is make her business cards. Thanks for the push!
Post a Comment