Thursday, September 23, 2010

Play Date Cafe Challenge #48 - Happy Birthday Keith!

Edit: This card made Plate Date Cafe's Fab 4!
This week's challenge at The Play Date Cafe was to use the above colors. I thought they would make a fabulous male birthday card (maybe because I needed one!!!) This card is for a family friend who is an actor in New York City! He will love these bold bright colors! MY challenge was to also make this card flat so I could mail it.
All of the images were stamped in Versamark and then heat embossed. The silver is just silver but the green is called Leaf and it's from ZING. I LOVE their embossing powders! The stamp sets are PTI's Life and Birthday Basics. The "Feel the Joy" stamp set which I used for the dandilions is my first Unity Stamp set. Hope you like it! Happy Birthday Keith!
Posted by Picasa

24 comments:

scrapperjulia said...

Beautiful embossing, great card!

Suzanne C said...

Gorgeous beautiful bouquet of flowers. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Monique said...

This is a fantastic Masculine card Sue!! An actor from New York!!!..Is he famous!!! Your embossing looks great!!Hugs

Marge said...

Oh, I LOVE those colors, Sue, and he'll surely appreciate the handmade card & the love you put into creating it!!!

Tenia Nelson said...

Love this card!!

Smita said...

Lovely image... very pretty card.

Stella said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Stella said...

This is gorgeous; I love the combo of green and silver. Beautiful card!

Anne Jagger said...

ooooo it's gorgeous! Not navyish???? Lol!
I love your card.

Tracy Evans said...

I love the umbelliferous flowers, the embossing powders work so well for this colour challenge, very effective. Tracy Evans x

Heather Rogers said...

Bright and beautiful Sue! Love the embossing. :)

Lisa Somerville said...

Beautiful bouquet of flowers, wonderful design. Thanks for playing at the PDCC.

Mona Pendleton said...

What a great masculine card Sue! Love all the embossing!

Julie Ranae said...

Really beautiful entry for this week's challenge, Sue...you made it work on all counts and I am sure he will love it! Great to have you play in The Cafe once again : )

Maria said...

Beautiful card...love the embossing!

JD/ Jill said...

Great card...it really pops! I really like the embossing on this card...(one of my favorite things to do...

Andrea Ewen said...

Wow, Sue this is gorgeous! Lovely design and great embossing! And I'm most impressed with the fact that you made it mailable! That's always the hardest part! Excellent job with our colors, thanks so much for joining us at the Play Date Cafe!

Andrea M said...

Way to work those colors girl! Gorgeous card - I'm sure Keith will love it!!! Hope I get a chance to play along this week - I've been out of the crafting loop lately :)

Neet said...

Great card - love the flowers - what powerful images.

Ruby said...

Lovely card Sue! I find it quite difficult to do flat cards, I want to keep layering, but you've done a great job! I'm sure he will love it! So glad you could play along with us at the PDCC!

Savannah O'Gwynn said...

OHHHHHH! This is so beautiful--love that silver embossing and the flower set you used:) SO CUTE! Thanks so much for joining in the fun and playing along with us at the Play Date Cafe:)

Debbie Carriere said...

Beautiful card! I love that embossing - really packs a punch :) Thanks for your message re: Cricut. I often think of selling it & investing in more punches or dies... Hmmm. Thanks again :)

Anne Marie Hile said...

Your card is just gorgeous! I love the combination of the embossed images (that Leaf color is beautiful). I also really like the double scalloped border at the bottom. I'm sure your friend will love it! :)

Beverly said...

beautiful! Awesome! Amazing! Wonderful!
What more can I say! I love this card!